How Do You Keep Your Waistline In Trim ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I've been putting on the kilos recently too, and have been wanting to do something about it... but I'm not sure what. Some sort of sport will be good, but I fit under the official AIS category of 'spazzo'. *sigh*

pnc im the high chief spazzo coz I work at the AIS and dont use the free gym or pool! Just watching some of these athletes walking around, especially the females in summer in their lycra short shorts is enough to sweat a few pounds off. B)
Cheers
Steve

P.S. As for me...I go home, get pissed, fall asleep and miss out on dinner then go to bed. Works a treat!

Bought a Staffordshire Bull Terrier about 2 years ago. No such thing as a day off for Staffies. Have to walk her for at least an hour each day or she makes me PAY HARD.

Has definitely helped me to stop putting on weight, but unfortunately I haven't figured out how to lose that extra 10 or 15kgs I'm carrying around. Perhaps I should buy a second dog? :p

Cheers,
Michael :)

Over the last three years i have lost 60 kilos i do lots of running and healthy eating. Just need to maintain a healthy lifestyle thats all.

Over the last three years i have lost 60 kilos i do lots of running and healthy eating. Just need to maintain a healthy lifestyle thats all.

Wow, that is absolutely awesome. Good for you.

I am another who keeps the waistline in check by having become addicted to running. The problem with an addictive personality is that it is hard to do things in moderation. A famous Australian runner of yore, Rod Dixon, is attributed the quote, "All I want to do is drink beer and run like an animal." I don't know if he really said it, but I can identify with the sentiment.

The one crucial thing for anybody starting out on an exercise program from a state of being a couch critter is to start at very low level and build up very, very gradually. Cycles of walk 3 min, run 1 min for 10 minutes. Adjust the ratio and total length as the weeks go by. Give the body time to adapt and make sure you exert yourself within your current capability. At all times train don't strain and you'll enjoy it and keep coming back for more.

Well for the past 6 years I have been mowing lawns, so I pretty much just sweat my ass of all day long. I go swimming twice a week before work, 1.2 kms.
But saying that I haven't gained any wait since I left high school really,all 65 kilo's of me, I can't seem to put it on :p , dunno why.
eric

Oh no! What about parsnips, white peaches, white mulberries, white truffles, rice..... :eek:

Cheers - Snow

I have a basic rule : The entrance is bigger than the exit, & that is why people get fat!
Get active, do something, anything to get your heart rate up occasionally.
Sam had some very good yet basic tips. I prefer using my own body weight, so push ups, dips etc.
I also get to lift a bit of weight at work, which seems to help, & I drink stuff all these days.

For diets the best one I have heard is the White diet. Don't eat anything white. Bread, milk, ice cream & so on.
Cheers
Gerard

i have to walk twenty odd metres up to the shed to get a beer so that keeps me in peak condition, that intensive regime will go out the window though when i relocate the Bar into the house

800m in pool.
ride my bike to work during daylight saving.
Getting chased my 3 little rascals.

i have to walk twenty odd metres up to the shed to get a beer so that keeps me in peak condition, that intensive regime will go out the window though when i relocate the Bar into the house

that's why i've deliberately spread the kegs over 2 locations. Should i walk all the way to the kitchen or the shed? The decision making keeps me mentally sharp as well.

Hey I get my exercise. I walk all the way to the coffee machine in the morning. I smile at people who don't deserve it. And I lift at least one fermenter a week.
You have to be careful with a finely tuned body like mine, too much exercise and one would just waste away!

Back