Horizon Bittering

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegBadgery

Reaction score
Anyone using horizon pellets? I've been using them quite a bit lately - very smooth bittering - just compared a horizon bittered ale to a super alpha and the horizon is as smooth as blazes.

cheers
reg

I've yet to see them to buy.
I've been using my favourites a lot lately
- Hallertau
- Stickelbrackt
- Saaz

Where have you been buying them from and what style of beers have you been using them in?

I stocked up on grain this weekend, so am looking forward to a couple of big brewing sessions soon.

Cheers,
Doc

I've purchased Horizon pellets from ESB Peakhurst and a friend has purchased from GrainAndGrape in Victoria.

I've used Horizon for bittering in English ales and lagers.

Horizon is very smooth and enables high hopping without harshness (or at least without the harsh flavour I've noticed with NZ super alpha). It's around %11 Alpha.

So it's good for this reason (though it can be a bit strange - expecting a rough bitterness) - also it's great to support the importation of a greater variety of OS hops.

cheers
reg

my brother sent me back a vacuum pack of horizon flowers ( cones ?) from the uk.
I mostly use them for aroma, which I know is wrong, but I don't have the gear for full grain yet.
it works quite well as an aroma hop.

we have also planted some of the seeds found in the flowers and succesfully propagated them.

cheers
Moray

Latest posts

Back