Hop Thief 5 - James Squire

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My last few brews I've been using cirta and centennial hops. They are a great mix.

So did you guys have a go at making this HT 5 or 6? I wasn't too fussed on 5. The 6 was nice in stubbies but on tap the 6 is a stand out. I am now hoping to find a clone. I have Simcoe and Columbus in the fridge and plenty of malt extract.

Cheers

TS

I cant believe this many people like this beer so much. If he stole the hops he didn't put them in the beer.

To me it tastes like JS are being cheap with hops. Very little at flameout or flavour additions. Instead mostly dry hopped leading to overly herbal and grassy flavours without the smooth late hopped character coming through.

Still i can see that it could get people into trying craft beer as it is both cheap accessible and easy drinking.

I tried a Hop Thief 6 on the weekend, on the tap was a sign that read ' hopped with Simcoe and Columbus' which was helpful as I would have guessed grass clippings, the underlying astringency also had no problem cutting through its wafer thin malt profile - I'm not a fan

Latest posts

Back