Hop Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grain and grape sell them. but you will need to wait about 6 months for them to be available

Kabooby :)

no worries i'll give them a try any tips on what type is best for a hot climate :beerbang:

Have a look in some of the hop growing threads that are on here. Im sure there a several guys in your area growing them to success

Can I suggest POR. I know, I know, but apparently fresh theyre pretty good and everyone who I have spoken to who have grown them have had success. I was just despondently watering my 2yo Mt Hood and Werty and considering growing them under shadecloth next year, now adelaide is officially hot as buggery.

G'day,

POR, is good, and fresh POR in a multi stage hopping schedule in a ale can produce a beautiful beer. I can also recommend Cluster in nearly ALL areas. Grows like stink, and always sets. The biggest worry you'll have, depending how far north you are is the lack of daylight length, which is what determine when and how much cones a hop plant will set. Which is why south vic and tassie are best spots in australia.

Cheers
MarkEinOz

Can I suggest POR. I know, I know, but apparently fresh theyre pretty good and everyone who I have spoken to who have grown them have had success. I was just despondently watering my 2yo Mt Hood and Werty and considering growing them under shadecloth next year, now adelaide is officially hot as buggery.

G'day,

POR, is good, and fresh POR in a multi stage hopping schedule in a ale can produce a beautiful beer. I can also recommend Cluster in nearly ALL areas. Grows like stink, and always sets. The biggest worry you'll have, depending how far north you are is the lack of daylight length, which is what determine when and how much cones a hop plant will set. Which is why south vic and tassie are best spots in australia.

Cheers
MarkEinOz

I can attest to the vigour of Cluster. It persists in areas where hops have not been grown for 50 years! Still, you have to like that burnt tyre rubber aroma that some people lyrically call "blackcurrant leaf".

MFS.

Back