Hop Rhizomes Cheap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt white

Reaction score
I have a few chinook, goldings and tettnanger rhizomes left for sale.

$15 each incl postage.

PM for details. Get them now for this seasons growing. Last days!

God, I sound like a Hardly Normal ad.

Gil.

I have a few chinook, goldings and tettnanger rhizomes left for sale.

$15 each incl postage.

PM for details. Get them now for this seasons growing. Last days!

God, I sound like a Hardly Normal ad.

Gil.

PM sent

Pm Also sent.

Any info on how to grow and look after these varieties? Will they work on NSW south coast?

Pm Also sent.

Any info on how to grow and look after these varieties? Will they work on NSW south coast?

I'm at Jamberoo and I had a spectacularly successful first-year crop of POR. I planted a Goldings rhizome but it just rotted in the ground. I'm going to give it another crack, though.

If you're 'South Coast' I assume you're further south than I am, so you should theoretically have an advantage with longer daylight.

My tips, though: sunniest position you can find; plenty of compost, manure etc; lots of water.

Yeah but Geoffi if yours rotted maybe not quite so much water..... or better drainage.

They love fertiliser too!

Yeah but Geoffi if yours rotted maybe not quite so much water..... or better drainage.

They love fertiliser too!

After I planted them I was a way for a couple of weeks, so they didn't get any water at all. When I came back the 'rot had set in' nonetheless. Both were planted in large raised mounds so I think drainage should have been pretty good. Anyway, I might try the Goldings in a large pot this year, see how that goes.

BTW, payment sent.

Thanks mate,

Also dont be shy to leave them in the fridge in the supplied bag if you need to go away again...before planting obviously.

Besides rot setting in, you really cant kill em.

Some varieties do better then others depending on your location too.

If you have any more trouble with rot give me a hoy and I'll send you some replacement rhizomes gratis

I'm at Jamberoo and I had a spectacularly successful first-year crop of POR. I planted a Goldings rhizome but it just rotted in the ground. I'm going to give it another crack, though.

If you're 'South Coast' I assume you're further south than I am, so you should theoretically have an advantage with longer daylight.

My tips, though: sunniest position you can find; plenty of compost, manure etc; lots of water.

Thanks Geoffi,
I Live just down the road from you in Kiama. (You should pop in for a beer some time). Last time i planted a Hop Rhizome i lived in canberra and nothing happened.
Is now the time to plant them?

I bought one of each from gilbrew a couple of months ago, just to put potential buyers minds at ease - the goldings and tett are hammering along (4 - 5 shoots from each) but the chinook is taking its time (i hear its normal for chinook to be a late starter tho).
:beerbang:

Thanks mate,

Also dont be shy to leave them in the fridge in the supplied bag if you need to go away again...before planting obviously.

Besides rot setting in, you really cant kill em.

Some varieties do better then others depending on your location too.

If you have any more trouble with rot give me a hoy and I'll send you some replacement rhizomes gratis

Gilbrew, my Goldings and Tett rhizome you sent earlier this year have already started to shoot several sprouts each. Awesome!!! :beerbang:

Cheers

Gilbrew, my Goldings and Tett rhizome you sent earlier this year have already started to shoot several sprouts each. Awesome!!! :beerbang:

Cheers

It seems SA is a good place for growing. Mine are still well asleep. Frosts still about. Should get a good crop from this year on.

Enjoy!

Just got my rhizomes. All look in excellent condition. Many thanks!

Latest posts

Back