Hop Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopeye

Reaction score
Ok,

The ball seems to be finally rolliing on this, though we haven't gotten upto the 5kg on any one Hop as yet. The available hops are listed below. If you want to know the prices, PM me and I will send you the list. I haven't got a vacuum sealer so the hops will be sent out in ziplock bags with as much of the air squeesed out as I can do. Total Costs will include postage and cost of ziplock bags. I would like to place an order on Monday 20th of Feb if possible.

Hop Type Qty Ordered
Amarillo 2.000kg
Cascade 1.500kg
Centennial
Chinook
Cluster
CZ Saaz 1.750kg
EK Golding 2.000kg
Fuggle
GR Hersbrucker
Golding
Hallertau mf
Mt Hood
Nth Brewer
Palisade
Perle 0.500kg
Pride of Ringwood
Simcoe 0.500kg
Spalt Select 0.750kg
Sterling (US Saaz)
Styrian Golding
Tettnang 0.250kg
UK Fuggles 0.500kg
Vanguard
Willamette

Individual ordering is as follows:

Berto
Amarillo, 500 grams
CZ Saaz, 250 grams
EK Golding, 500 grams
Perle , 500 grams
Simcoe, 250 grams
Splat Select, 500 grams
Tettnanger, 250 grams

Hopeye
Amarillo, 1 kilo
Cascade, 1 kilo
CZ Saaz, 1 kilo

Stuster
Amarillo, 250 grams
EK Golding, 250 grams
Splat Select, 250 grams
UK Fuggles, 250 grams

racemate
Cascade, 500 grams
CZ Saaz, 500 grams
EK Golding, 1 kilo

warrenlw63
Amarillo, 250 grams
EK Golding, 250 grams
UK Fuggles, 250 grams
Simcoe, 250 grams

<edit> Update ordered quantities </edit>

Sorry Guys,

It's off. I didn't realise how political Home Brewing had become. Yes I made a mistake by posting the price list. I did it with all good intentions, not realising that the LHBS's that monitor this site would block us.

Once again. Sorry guys.

Sorry to hear that Hopeye. Sounds like dodgy practice to me. ACCC anybody? :p

like to see where that falls under consumer acts

Not wanting to rock the boat but -

- which LHBS's monitor the site? ...not expecting an answer
- how does a LHBS veto a bulk buy?
- does the jeopordise any other bulk buys?

AT a guess i would say it is a southern HBS. With a solid bet in Grumpys. Theyre not so much monitoring the site as they are just reading it, and when something like this comes along, they realise it is costing them business.
They basically block the bulk buys by something along the lines of "If you sell to homebrew bulk buyers, then we will find elsewhere to buy our hops"

I doubt it would affect other bulk buys as much due to most other things being far more generic. The only other thing which is really only for homebrewing which is in bulk buys here is grain. Dont see it affecting that though.

It is a real shame that has happened, bit like the Wollies/Coles domination in a way :angry:

Bring on Ross and his new venture.

berto said:
AT a guess i would say it is a southern HBS. With a solid bet in Grumpys. Theyre not so much monitoring the site as they are just reading it, and when something like this comes along, they realise it is costing them business.
They basically block the bulk buys by something along the lines of "If you sell to homebrew bulk buyers, then we will find elsewhere to buy our hops"

I doubt it would affect other bulk buys as much due to most other things being far more generic. The only other thing which is really only for homebrewing which is in bulk buys here is grain. Dont see it affecting that though.
[post="109231"][/post]​

I would leave guessing out of this completely. KNOW your facts before putting the knife in.
There is more than one brewshop owner registered and posting on this site.

Sorry to hear this didn't come through Hopeye.

C&B
TDA

Tend to agree with you TDA and more HBS owners who aren't registered I think this is a dead issue now and should be terminated.

Cheers
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back