Hop Advice On First Partial.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjl

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking at putting down my first partial this weekend. I am planning on doing a Pilsner.

Ingredients are as follows;

Morgans Blue Mountain Lager 1.7kg
Pilsner Malt 2kg
Munich Malt 500g

Saf W-34/70 dried yeast.

At the moment I have 40g of Czech Saaz Pellets 3.2%

I was thinking of getting some more Saaz and maybe some Hallertau/Tettnanger for Aroma.

Any advice on how much hops to add and at what times in the boil. I like the aroma of beers such as Trumer Pils,
Wiehanstephaner Pils etc.

Thanks
BJL

Hi all,
I am looking at putting down my first partial this weekend. I am planning on doing a Pilsner.

Ingredients are as follows;

Morgans Blue Mountain Lager 1.7kg
Pilsner Malt 2kg
Munich Malt 500g

Saf W-34/70 dried yeast.

At the moment I have 40g of Czech Saaz Pellets 3.2%

I was thinking of getting some more Saaz and maybe some Hallertau/Tettnanger for Aroma.

Any advice on how much hops to add and at what times in the boil. I like the aroma of beers such as Trumer Pils,
Wiehanstephaner Pils etc.

Thanks
BJL

Seeing the blue mountain lager will take care of all your bittering, id be inclined to put all of your saaz in somewhere around the 5-10 minute to go mark.
if you want to add any more, at flame out, or as a dry hop, look into getting the NZ B Saaz, it is divine.

josh

So do most kits already come hopped and you mainly add hops at the end of the boils just to give more aroma to the beer instead of bitterness? Are there any kits which are unhopped?

Cheers, sponge

plenty of the kits are unhopped.

alot of them mention that they are unhopped, but a good way of telling is that the unhopped ones don't come packaged with yeast.

if you are unsure just ask your local HB guy beofre you buy

Thanks for the advice Josh, I think I'll go 20g at 10mins and 20g at flameout.

BJL

Latest posts

Back