Honey Wines Australia Meadery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hwa

Reaction score
Just putting it out there, Hunter Honey Wines (who is a member here) said he had a lot of trouble getting people to try mead, he thought in part due to his business name
I'd tend to agree, I feel like having Mead in your name is a bigger eye catcher

Just putting it out there, Hunter Honey Wines (who is a member here) said he had a lot of trouble getting people to try mead, he thought in part due to his business name
I'd tend to agree, I feel like having Mead in your name is a bigger eye-catcher

Yes and no. I agree mead sounds better but that's coming from someone who already knows what mead is. I asked the question to just about every new person I came across (mostly at my beekeeping classes) but the results were the average person responds with 'what's that?' when you say mead, whereas anyone at all can put 2 and 2 together to realise what honey wine is referring to. Even more important for non-English speaking export market let's say if it were sitting on a Chinese liquor store shelf.

From a printing point of view the eye-catcher needs to be the label itself, gold foiling certainly helps that.

Whats mead?
it's like cha but better. in fact, you'd probably never drink cha again
based on high abv fermented honey, so somewhere between nectar and heaven.
pretty easy tjo make - lots of recipes here.
just takes forever to ferment

Very odd post which now seems locked. 'Probably won't continue sponsorship due to ads placement'
I think the logo is in prime position above the Latest posts. I notice it each time I log on, the logos at the top of the page I had to check who was there, despite logging on most days.

Very odd post which now seems locked. 'Probably won't continue sponsorship due to ads placement'
I think the logo is in prime position above the Latest posts. I notice it each time I log on, the logos at the top of the page I had to check who was there, despite logging on most days.
I disagree, the amount of ads on here, particularly for a non-paying member, people get ad fatigue, after a while all the google ad trash that people have seen a hundred times before blends into one and your eye completely ignores it. That was one concern, the other being it does not show up for mobile users in that spot at all.

I'm sorry, maybe you work for the company who bought the forums but I don't see how 'prime position' for $900 a year is where this falls... considering the HUGE GOOGLE ADD RIGHT IN PRIME POSITION and the other adds along the side

Annotation 2020-08-25 200213.png

Or are you talking about the HUGE AD RIGHT ABOVE the tiny logo for honey wine

Capture.PNG

If it helps you feel better, I've got ad blockers coming out my ass and only see your banner above the recent posts. It's in a pretty good spot.
I'm pretty blind to website ads though, so didn't even notice until I saw this thread...
Keen to give that turkish delight one a try though! Is that mead + rose water? or is there more to it? sounds delicious.

Yeah that's fair. What a shame, this forum has potential but oh well.
had*
evidenced by the other thread now being locked...
and you thought china had bad censorship!

If it helps you feel better, I've got ad blockers coming out my ass and only see your banner above the recent posts. It's in a pretty good spot.
I'm pretty blind to website ads though, so didn't even notice until I saw this thread...
Keen to give that turkish delight one a try though! Is that mead + rose water? or is there more to it? sounds delicious.

had*
evidenced by the other thread now being locked...
and you thought china had bad censorship!

You'll be in for a surprise if you disable the ad blockers, it's literally flooded with ads. Lol.

Yes you're correct it's rose water with a bit of lemon. Write the 10% off discount coupon down before my post gets deleted.

I just installed AdBlock for Chrome and just like that all of the annoying and ludicrously oversize Google Ads have dissapeared.....:cool:

Prime position I would say. Any business should budget in to their pricing not only the cost of advertising but placing ads where they are going to work.
Not sure why you seem so upset their not happy with their value for money. Are you sure you don't work for the forums?

I don't get upset about anything, and answer to no man.
I think it was a poor business decision to place an add for mead on here, would have done better advertising the honey, being as the forum users, both brewers, and those making mead will find honey more of a use than a finished product.
Especially as there is so much fake honey on the market from India and China.

Only 30% of internet users use ad blockers. A large portion browse on mobile.
To comment I have nothing to complain about whilst you're using an ad blocker. Isn't that like wearing sunglasses on a sunny day and saying I don't understand why everyone else not wearing sunglasses is squinting?

I don't get upset about anything, and answer to no man.
I think it was a poor business decision to place an add for mead on here, would have done better advertising the honey, being as the forum users, both brewers, and those making mead will find honey more of a use than a finished product.
Especially as there is so much fake honey on the market from India and China.
there was a single operator bee keeper doing pure honey on here a few years ago, dunno if he retired or what happened, but he always seemed to have members bumping him for business. that was what originally brought me here, i thought it was honey supplies
(note that i skillfully avoided any puns about 'like attracting bees to.....', i'm saving them for fathers day)

Back