Homebrewstuff.com

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doubleplugga

Reaction score
Not sure who posted it originally but someone a few weeks ago recommened homebrewstuff.com as a good place to buy some gear from the USA given that the Aussie dollar was doing well ( a couple of weeks ago). Well I ordered two Perlick PERL 535 Stainless steel taps from them 2 weeks ago and they arrived here in Perth on Wednesday. I have not had much experience with beer taps but must say these taps are awesome. I got two taps, delivered from the states for only $86 bucks Australian. Bargain I reckon. I know we try and supporrt our LHBS on this site but I reckon while the Aussie dollar is good, get in while you can!

yeah mate, good stuff. get in while the dollar is good. also these guys in the US of A are so helpfull with anything you want to ask them. next item purchased i think will be a Blichmann Hop Rocket.!!!

Anyone know thread size on shank as above? Just going to put an order in and wanted to pick up fittings (shank in the post so cant just measure it.) thanks.

I ordered their Stainless Steel 4 1/8" Shank x 1/4" Bore. Hoping that the JG female adapters fit on the end.

I placed my order on the 19th of July and 3 weeks later and I'm still waiting, if my order doesnt show up this week I'll begin to panic .

Just to answer my own question for any digging this thread up, it looks like they are probably 7/8" threads.

I'm just going to use Barbs/Clamps as I can't see an easy (and cheap) way to stick JG fittings on there that seems worth the trouble.

I ordered on 25th July, the listed "United States Postal Service (2-5 Day Delivery) - Priority Mail International" tracks it out of Boise, Idaho, then... sure they'll turn up shortly.

mine arrived here in Perth 2 weeks after the order. must have gotten lucky with the postal service. you go to the tracker section of USPS and yeah it seems Idaho is the last place it registers

Don't worry the USPS tracking will show up once it gets passed by Australian Customs. From my experience 2 to 3 weeks is the norm for Priority International and in the meantime just says in transit when you try the website tracker. Should get delivery in about 3 days from clearing Customs.

Just to answer my own question for any digging this thread up, it looks like they are probably 7/8" threads.

I'm just going to use Barbs/Clamps as I can't see an easy (and cheap) way to stick JG fittings on there that seems worth the trouble.

I ordered on 25th July, the listed "United States Postal Service (2-5 Day Delivery) - Priority Mail International" tracks it out of Boise, Idaho, then... sure they'll turn up shortly.
I used these on my Perlick's hsb, I thought all those threaded shanks were the same except Celli's.
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=3910

These are the ones you are after

http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=853

I had the same issue when ordering and worked out that in the US they refer to the outside diameter of the thread ie 7/8 but else where the diameter is measured from the bottom of the thread ie the inner diameter ie 5/8
If that's true its great news for me. ;)
I have some of the JG-PI451015FS (5/8 Female Adapter BSP) fittings but the shanks are still in transit from the USA, and reading the info here and contacting the supplier says that the shanks are 7/8 so I presumed they're not going to fit when they arrive. It did seem strange the the shanks look identical but were different thread-sizes, will have to wait and see what happens when they arrive.

Latest posts

Back