Homebrewing Videos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrOtChROTT

Reaction score
Ok guys, after 20,000 of you checked out BrewCam, it proved to me how much of a demand there is out there for homebrewing videos so I'm adding a new section to my page. I think it would be really killer if people submit their own video of homebrewing projects.

I see time and time again, people asking, "How do I do this, how do I do build that?" Well, wouldn't it be awsome if everyone could WATCH it being done! Are you building a counterflow chiller, a Randall, or a project out of this months BYO magazine? Show everyone how you did it! I promise to give you full credit for your efforts and you will retain full copyright to your video. With your guys help, the video section will become a fabulous multimedia resource for fellow brewers new and old.

Heres a call to you batch spargers out there. After BrewCam, I saw in the forums, a lot of people wanted to see batch sparging being done. Your video doesn't need to be a full production, but I believe seeing how something is done is worth more than reading 1000 words on it. Heck, most digital cameras these days will take a couple min's worth of video. All you'll need to do is record a couple min's of video at a time, then splice the segments together in Windows Movie Maker. You can even make a video out of simple photographs, then just narrate the timeline using your microphone.

My buddy Ozbrewer has already commited himself to the first submission. He is going to modify his kettle for increased whirlpooling. Should be pretty interesting.
Cheers,
KrOtChRoTT
www.krotchrott.com

excellent!
been waiting for video content for ages.
Soooo much easier than trying to understand written directions sometimes.
Can somebody video Chiller's yeast propogation series please????

How the hell are you going to handle the bandwidth?

krotchrott,

What is the size of the video on your site? I got to milling the grain. I have broadband but am DL limited.

Cheers,

Josh

Josh said:
krotchrott,

What is the size of the video on your site? I got to milling the grain. I have broadband but am DL limited.

Cheers,

Josh
[post="102651"][/post]​
The file is roughly 50mb's for the broadband.. I think i was able to cut it down to about 3 mb for the dialup. Unfortunately I was never able to test the DialUp feeds against an actual dialup connection. If your broadband limited, pause it and let it buffer for a bit and it should run fine for you from that point on...
Cheers,
KrOtCh

tangent said:
excellent!
Can somebody video Chiller's yeast propogation series please????

How the hell are you going to handle the bandwidth?
[post="102643"][/post]​
A yeast propigation video would be absolutely killer !!!!!

As for the bandwith: free video servers... I've been using them for BrewCam and they easily handled well over 2000 at one time when I did BrewCam live and another 18,000 over the next 3 days.

Latest posts

Back