Homebrewers Beard

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it a neccessity for brewers?

• Clean shaven

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mustache only

• Full beard

• Just a bit of designer fluff

• Total voters

vlbaby

Beer Budda
Reaction score
In my travels and adventures as a homebrewer, I have made an interesting observation.
There's seems to be, in brewing circles, a larger proportion of bearded guys than in normal population.

Maybe I'm not a real brewer till I have a beard AND a march pump, so I got to know how many bearded vs unbearded guys do homebrew.

I'm in the hairless variety of brewers myself, and thats including the top of my head. me ----> :(

cheers

vl.

edit: gramma

Im a 'clean skin' on the face. Not as advanced....yet...upstairs, but the security cameras in some stores show a guy with a 'monk ring' walking down the isles that kinda looks like me

In my travels and adventures as a homebrewer, I have made an interesting observation.
There's seems to be, in brewing circles, a larger proportion of bearded guys than in normal population.

Maybe I'm not a real brewer till I have a beard AND a march pump, so I got to know how many bearded vs unbearded guys do homebrew.

I'm in the hairless variety of brewers myself, and thats including the top of my head. me ----> :(

cheers

vl.

edit: gramma

ThisLink to a past pollis prolly helpful

ahh its been done before. Should've done a search first. oops

Ah, thats last years poll...people change....

No option for the goatee.
That is me ATM.

Doc

I went for full beard because there was no provision for those of us with goatee,s.Once had a full ned kelly but now have a goatee.

Cheers
Big D

Called mine designer fluff.

Slow growing, thin covering, mangy excuse for a beard is probably nearer the mark :lol:

Full beard as per last years poll, only shorter <_< too much grey.

I went from goatee (got rid of it because I looked like a gnome) to clean shaven, to 'traevelers beard' (got rid of it because I looked like one of the Bee Gees) and now I'm clean shaven again.

Used to have a full beard, some described it as looking like a wombat hanging off my chin.
Had to attend a trauma debriefing in the bush during the summer months and I got about half a dozen Christmas Beetles in it, took about four hours to get the buggers out.
Kept it for a bit longer until I started to change my hair colour (not by choice) and I was asked if I couyld be Father Christmas at a club party.
Came off after that, just a mo now, but I miss it in the winter.

Got a full beard & moustache, kept trim, otherwise I look like a hillbilly. Could finally grow one after leaving the food industry where a beard snood (& hair net) was compuslory. Snoods were too sweaty in summer when I grew one for a short time before going clean-skin again. Sure makes me look older with the hint of grey showing through. And the glasses don't help either. :beer:

Latest posts

Back