homebrew supplies age restricitions ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
No. Definately not. Those laws in specific communities is for EVERYONE Even us white folk

And there is a damn good reason as to why they have them

I remember a year or so ago a Politician and public servants flew into a remote community in QLD and had grog with them. They got hauled over the coals for it
I have it on good authority that the cops on the cape used to have a BBQ with grog, just outside the Kowanyama Aboriginal Shire boundary. All welcome for a price. :ph34r:

Good old Qld Coppers

They always carried a phone book in the police cars

Bribie G said:
That would burn your stomach out...... but back in the old days, talking around 1995, Queen Vanilla Essence was the same strength as Bundaberg rum and was really cheap. You could even get a 200ml "hip flask" of the stuff for about $3 and yes I actually used to drink it, a slug in a can of pepsi and it was awesome - you walked around smelling like a custard tart for a day or so.
Another trick was to put a couple of the small bottles into a Macdonalds Vanilla thick shake and it made the liqueur that God drinks, far better than Advocaat or Baitz Island Cream.
Ingredients, alcohol, water, natural vanilla, sugar, so why indeed not.

Ahhhh

However too many people got onto it, and they voluntarily increased the price of a small bottle to over $5 so that loophole got closed off.
Years ago on George st in brisbane cbd i saw a bloke passed out in from of a 7-11 with about 5 of those little bottles,empty, scattered all around him.

Back