Home Made Font, With Vent-matic Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sathid

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well, I've been looking at vent-matic taps, and was going to get them at NorthernBrewer.com, however it seems that with shipping being 30% more than the cost of the goods, it is $10 cheaper to buy them from Ross at CraftBrewer.

Kind of works out well, because I wont have to wait three weeks to get them :D

Now, I'm building myself a kegerator from an old chest freezer, and I'm thinking I'd like to build myself a font. I'll either do it with some timber (some knobbly branch or similar) or from a piece of copper/stainless tubing.

Now, I'm just wondering what kind of connectors people reccomend. Given that, making it myself, it wont be a simple matter of screwing the tap onto the font/fitting.

What are my options?

The tap will only be removed for cleaning, so no need for anything quick release.

The more cost effective, the better ;)

Cheers,

Troy

Sathid,
I think Mobrien made himself a font from memory. Shoot him a pm and ask him. It was a beauty to. Was like a mini scuba tank or something.
eric :icon_cheers:

mobrien's Scuba Tank Font here

I was thinking an option would be to buy some short shanks and have them welded in place you will just need to have some sort of access to screw the swivel nut kit/ John Guest adaptor onto the fixed shank for your beer line. Did you intend flooding the font if you go down the copper/ stainless path ?
Cheers
Doug

I've found some of the fittings that mobrien used (thanks guys). Now I just need to know what fitting is required to fit the snap lock adapter, onto the ventmatic tap.

It won't be a flooded font. I just plan on insulating the lines as well as possible. Perhaps further down the track, but at the moment I simply wont be using it enough to warrant the added work it would give the compressor.

Looking to order the tap shortly, so if anyone knows what the fitting is, please let me know!

Cheers,

Troy

craftbrewer
untitledhy.jpg

the two-tone shirrons are the nuts if you're not looking at springing for the celli imo.

I think I'll probably go for the stainless shirron. Then I need to find a nice nobbly branch thats fallen from a sandlewood tree to make the handle out of :D

Back