Home Brew Tv Show On Foxtel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is this going to be a series? any one know when then next one is on? or when this one will be repeated?
Cheers!

I think it will be/is a series. They did an English bitter in this show and talked of the style and hops etc.

its on again at 1 am for the ones that missed it

channel: Discovery Turbo

name: Special Brew

Ernie

Apparently there's 5 shows in the series, covering
1) Bitter
2) Lager
3) red wine
4) white wine
5) cider

Cheers

it is on till friday 1.00 pm on foxtel ch 634, very basic maybe half a degree better than coopers instructions if its lucky.

LOL. I just watched it. It explains the basics.

Most of you will cringe watching the dodgy methods.

One thing I did learn is that hops are a family of marijuana :p

Cringe is an understatement :blink:

some just down right not safe like sucking the beer thru the tube to bottle........... sanitation at its best lol

Yeah I was really surprised that commercial brewer was giving out such bad advice...surely he doesn't follow that himself? 5 days from mash to bottle?

One thing I did find handy though is pre-warming kit cans before opening them, to make the contents more runny. Anyone know if that really works?

One thing I did find handy though is pre-warming kit cans before opening them, to make the contents more runny. Anyone know if that really works?

Yes it does - I thought that's what the instructions on the can tell you to do?

+++

The series IMHO is a complete waste of hard drive space - It was appalling.

Cheers Ross

Yeah it's in the coopers kit instructions, and yes it does work. but then again I haven't tried to get the goo out with out heating the can first

Yes it does - I thought that's what the instructions on the can tell you to do?

+++

Cheers Ross

Tend to agree Ross, there was more bad advice given than good.
Not a good example for beginner brewers.

Andrew

Cheers Ross

Looks like its time for me to remove the saved episode from my Foxtel IQ post haste!

then again I haven't tried to get the goo out with out heating the can first
It works just the same, a tad slower but I don't mind. I usually open the top of the tin so that I can rest the cut portion of the lid in a groove on the inside of the fermenter neck, and rest the whole can so its pouring into the fermenter. Then I go and do something like weigh malt/grain/hops and prepare that. By the time I come back all the cans need are a quick rinse with hot water - this gets thrown in to dissolve the fermentables.

Easy as.

Cheers - boingk

Back