Hole In Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drill it the same size as your gas tube, no need for anything more.

Sparky said:
Hi peas_and_korn

. That is what I'll do when I get a Freezer, or maybe I'll drill into the side of the lid & run the gas thru & exit near the font. I intend to mount my font on the freezer lid.

Would appreciate feedback on that one myself! B)
[post="89165"][/post]​

Sparky,
Don't ruin a perfectly good freezer by drilling it. You can easily mount the taps to the hinge bracket already on the lid. Lines will fit easily under the seal at the back.
Here is poor drawing of what I mean. Has worked for me for about 4 years with no probs. Simple and easy.

View attachment side_view_freezer.bmp

Ooops, that was big. Try again

side_view_freezer.jpg

That is what I'll do when I get a Freezer, or maybe I'll drill into the side of the lid & run the gas thru & exit near the font. I intend to mount my font on the freezer lid.
You could run the gas line out the drain in the freezer as well, or if you get one with a light in the lid (wires go in the side of the lid) put a hole next to that.

Cheers & thanks for your feedback Guys

Some great ideas there that will influence what I look for in a freezer.

The font on the side would work well & I shall consider this. And I see some freezers do have drains & inside lights that could be removed & replaced with lines if needed.

I've been on the lookout for a chest freezer for several months now, they are few and far between for anything decent! :(

Latest posts

Back