Hilary or Donald

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turnbull the Lawyer v Trump the Business man

Back a lawyer every time

Trump will have trouble using business tactics in government ......and it will be M'erica's downfall

The businessman remembers every debt that is outstanding.

Turnbull made him eat a nasty shit sandwich about a deal that he did not broker.

The importance of the US/Australia alliance will be amplified by Trump when he calls in his debt.

That will be Australian boots on the ground somewhere in harm's way. Turnbull is miles out of his depth in these games.

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-if-there-was-a-university-degree-for-greed-you-*****-would-all-get-first-class-honours-paul-keating-98-94-63.jpg

Black Devil Dog said:
We're probably witnessing the collapse of the American empire, in fast forward.
America has been in decline for a while now, might be a race to the bottom with the EU.

The point about Trump is he put his policy's forward and that is what the people voted on, I realise that when you have 12% of Americans believing that Joan of Arc was Noah's wife Trump probably picked up that 12 % but like him or loathe him he is driven, rightly or wrongly by the courage of his convictions, where as Malcolm still is under the illusion he is in some sort of popularity contest, so to do something and get it wrong, to Malcolm is far worse than doing nothing.

For the duration of this farce I'm no longer buying any American made or owned products. Sorry Wyeast, Murrican hops etc. Going through my supermarket brands list - fortunately I buy hardly any processed foods. Brunswick Sardines, you are safe :p

It's about first impressions but also about picking your battles.

Turnbull wants to create a Strong negotiator' first impression, which he has certainly done. However whether this 'battle' was the one to choose is questionable. The next favour we want from the US (worlds biggest economy) may not be so forthcoming.

I suppose at the end of the day at least there may be some light at the end of the tunnel for those poor people locked up in camps. They are human beings after all.

Unfortunately Bribie- if such a boycott started to have any real effect, it would start with the people at the bottom and do a very poor job of trickling up.

madpierre06 said:
And I'm wondering how much more valuable for oZ it would have been if Beazley was still there rather than Lib party sycophant Hockey who has all the diplomacy skills of the original mad Pierre.
Hockey's most impressive attribute is his ability to sweat from his upper lip. Can't see an upside...

OT but did the topic title get edited from Hillary to Hilary?

'Cos it's Hillary.

manticle said:
OT but did the topic title get edited from Hillary to Hilary?

'Cos it's Hillary.
It might be Hillary, but Hilary is short for Hilariously deluded.

wide eyed and legless said:
America has been in decline for a while now, might be a race to the bottom with the EU.

The point about Trump is he put his policy's forward and that is what the people voted on, I realise that when you have 12% of Americans believing that Joan of Arc was Noah's wife Trump probably picked up that 12 % but DESPISE him or loathe him he is driven, rightly or wrongly by the courage of his convictions, where as Malcolm still is under the illusion he is in some sort of popularity contest, so to do something and get it wrong, to Malcolm is far worse than doing nothing.
FTFY.

good4whatAlesU said:
It's about first impressions but also about picking your battles.

Turnbull wants to create a Strong negotiator' first impression, which he has certainly done. However whether this 'battle' was the one to choose is questionable. The next favour we want from the US (worlds biggest economy) may not be so forthcoming.

I suppose at the end of the day at least there may be some light at the end of the tunnel for those poor people locked up in camps. They are human beings after all.
Turnbull knows that you have to go hard in a first encounter with a bully or they think they have you by the nuts, forever.... in my experience.

warra48 said:
It might be Hillary, but Hilary is short for Hilariously deluded.
Tried to give you a like, but there is apparently a system-based limitation to how much appreciation I can show here, on a daily basis. Shame...
Limits - no longer just a slimming biscuit.jpg

Yep, that's the one. If only the most recent U.S Presidential election was between Hilary Duff and Donald Duck.

Looks like she uses the same hair tonic as President Gump.

image.jpg

Back