Hilary or Donald

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bradsbrew said:
Shouldn't it be the best person for the job, not dependant on the male / female ratio?
di_05812.jpg

bradsbrew said:
Equality hey, where's the minister for men :)

Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash

Minister for Employment
Minister for Women
Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Public Service
Senator for Western Australia
Wheres the minister for the 20.000 plus transgender people? Why cant they have equal representation? Should we have a three way split to make it fair?

You see how this gets silly fast?

Who believes bullying is ok?
Who believes discrimination is ok?
Who believes racism is ok?
Is society simply a case of survival of the fittest?
If so, does it matter if someone starts 10 paces behind most others?

For those who believe everything's peachy and "political correctness" and the "progressive agenda" is a disease, why is there still such a large difference between the wage of a man compared to a woman?
Why is there ANY difference?
(& don't obtusely cherry pick an occupation involving rigorous physical demands - I mean broad areas like the entire finance industry).

Political correctness is solely about minimizing discrimination & bullying.
How can this be a bad thing?
Racism is simply bullying and corruption under a different guise.
In all things there can be dickheads who push things too far or have their heads up their arses, so of course there will be some examples of political correctness being pushed too far. This sort of stuff obviously needs to be rebalanced by common sense. And sometimes these things can take a while to play out.
But if you actually stop and think about it, do you honestly think the way our society has progressed in the last 50 years is all bad??
So why throw the baby out with the bath water?
Laziness?? Too difficult to consider the detail? Or factual data? Complicated things like why virtually all ethnic groups have integrated happily into Australian society but a small number of individuals from a few ethnic or religious groups are causing trouble. Or why is it all major destructive "terror" incidences in Australia have been due to mental instability of an individual rather than an organized terrorist group? (& yes, I know ASIO/AFP have rooted out a 3-4 threats in the last decade, but I hope you can still appreciate the point I'm making).
Yep, much easier to pick on the coloured guy or religion. Oh no, wait, I'm not meant to because of this PC crap. So I'll just pick on that instead.

The core emotion of the Anti-PC movement seems to simply be selfishness. Pure and simple. (Maybe with laziness mixed in).
Now white Christian males have to share their pie, that they've completely owned for centuries, with other people - women, other races, other religions. And it sucks! And it feels like their pie's been stolen from them! And this PC crap is to blame.

And wtf is the "progressive agenda"?!? Have I missed a memo in the last decade or so. A letter from the gubberment, perhaps?
I believe I'm a fairly contemporary thinker. I've never heard of an actual agenda I'm meant to be following. I just think for myself. Common sense stuff, along the lines of: "bullying and discrimination are destructive social forces and should be minimized wherever reasonably possible." "If that was me, how would I feel?" then "If that was me *from their background* how would I feel?"
Here's a tip: anyone who's confidently tossing around a term like "Progressive Agenda" likely has a manipulative agenda of their own, if they're having to make up such a fictional simplification. Do yourself a favour, switch them off and think for yourself.

How can Australians honestly think multiculturalism is bad for our society?
Maybe it's a generational thing.

Fwiw, I agree our politicians seem particularly poor over the last decade, both in their individual capacity and the philosophy of their parties.
I can only hope the shakeup in the U.S. will be a wake up call to the individuals and parties that more needs to be achieved in real outcomes, and the public needs to be more informed & educated in what issues we face & how to overcome these problems.

Fight emotional ignorance with education and intellect, not just opposing emotional ignorance.

technobabble66 said:

For those who believe everything's peachy and "political correctness" and the "progressive agenda" is a disease, why is there still such a large difference between the wage of a man compared to a woman?
(& don't obtusely cherry pick an occupation involving rigorous physical demands - I mean broad areas like the entire finance industry).

In all things there can be dickheads who push things too far or have their heads up their arses, so of course there will be some examples of political correctness being pushed too far. This sort of stuff obviously needs to be rebalanced by common sense. And sometimes these things can take a while to play out.
But if you actually stop and think about it, do you honestly think the way our society has progressed in the last 50 years is all bad??
Laziness?? Too difficult to consider the detail? Or factual data? Complicated things like why virtually all ethnic groups have integrated happily into Australian society but a small number of individuals from a few ethnic or religious groups are causing trouble. Or why is it all major destructive "terror" incidences in Australia have been due to mental instability of an individual rather than an organized terrorist group? (& yes, I know ASIO/AFP have rooted out a 3-4 threats in the last decade, but I hope you can still appreciate the point I'm making).
Yep, much easier to pick on the coloured guy or religion. Oh no, wait, I'm not meant to because of this PC crap. So I'll just pick on that instead.

The core emotion of the Anti-PC movement seems to simply be selfishness. Pure and simple. (Maybe with laziness mixed in).
Now white Christian males have to share their pie, that they've completely owned for centuries, with other people - women, other races, other religions. And it sucks! And it feels like their pie's been stolen from them! And this PC crap is to blame.

And wtf is the "progressive agenda"?!? Have I missed a memo in the last decade or so. A letter from the gubberment, perhaps?
I believe I'm a fairly contemporary thinker. I've never heard of an actual agenda I'm meant to be following. I just think for myself. Common sense stuff, along the lines of: "bullying and discrimination are destructive social forces and should be minimized wherever reasonably possible." "If that was me, how would I feel?" then "If that was me *from their background* how would I feel?"
Here's a tip: anyone who's confidently tossing around a term like "Progressive Agenda" likely has a manipulative agenda of their own, if they're having to make up such a fictional simplification. Do yourself a favour, switch them off and think for yourself.

Fwiw, I agree our politicians seem particularly poor over the last decade, both in their individual capacity and the philosophy of their parties.
I can only hope the shakeup in the U.S. will be a wake up call to the individuals and parties that more needs to be achieved in real outcomes, and the public needs to be more informed & educated in what issues we face & how to overcome these problems.

Fight emotional ignorance with education and intellect, not just opposing emotional ignorance.

i tip my hat to you techno, you echo my exact thoughts and worded it better than i could ever have.

well said.

**** me can't people just say "let's not be c*nts" and get on with their lives?

Discrimination exists but it's not the epidemic that people say. Especially not the extreme feminist agenda.

technobabble66 said:
Too true! There is a gap... Women working part time jobs earn more than men, we need to even that out! Stop giving all the part time jobs to women, people! Equality!!!

When you drill in to the studies, the hourly wages that men and women are paid are marginally different. But if you work less, then it stands to reason you get paid less.,, right?

A woman can take 12+ months off when she has a child, earning $0 year dragging the average down. Women who choose not to work do affect this average whether feminists like it or not.

I'm not at all against the idea of 12 months paid maternity leave, 6 months for one partner 6 months for the other, you know, in the interest of equality.

technobabble66 said:
Finance industry seems like a rather direct cherry pick to me, the health industry is dominated by women.

We don't complain when nursing is dominated by women, we shouldn't complain when physics is dominated by men.

And what's to say a woman can't work in physically demanding / dangerous jobs? Like the police force? Or armed forces? Or construction? Or mining? Are they not capable? They can, but more than men choose not to. The world I live in is one where we respect choices and don't make people's choices for them. Though ironically if you go left just enough you arrive at communism and here you are, handing out jobs to those you see fit to do them.

You can't discriminate against a person's religion, to do so wouldn't be right.......

A person allowed to be religious.

A person is allowed to be gay.

A religion says homosexuality is not allowed.

Therefore, it's okay to discriminate against homosexuals if you follow this religion.

Otherwise you're discriminating against the religion.

And the retard roller coaster goes round and round

technobabble66 said:
The problem seems to be is in both directions there is (not you personally) lack education and intellect, we're left with not much more than a bunch of angry sheep.

I was a Nurse for around 13yrs and I was paid exactly the same as the women.

Brownsworthy said:
I was a Nurse for around 13yrs and I was paid exactly the same as the women.
Bet you weren't asked for as many sponge baths though.

damoninja said:
**** me can't people just say "let's not be c*nts" and get on with their lives?

Discrimination exists but it's not the epidemic that people say. Especially not the extreme feminist agenda.

Too true! There is a gap... Women working part time jobs earn more than men, we need to even that out! Stop giving all the part time jobs to women, people! Equality!!!

When you drill in to the studies, the hourly wages that men and women are paid are marginally different. But if you work less, then it stands to reason you get paid less.,, right?

A woman can take 12+ months off when she has a child, earning $0 year dragging the average down. Women who choose not to work do affect this average whether feminists like it or not.

I'm not at all against the idea of 12 months paid maternity leave, 6 months for one partner 6 months for the other, you know, in the interest of equality.

Finance industry seems like a rather direct cherry pick to me, the health industry is dominated by women.

We don't complain when nursing is dominated by women, we shouldn't complain when physics is dominated by men.

And what's to say a woman can't work in physically demanding / dangerous jobs? Like the police force? Or armed forces? Or construction? Or mining? Are they not capable? They can, but more than men choose not to. The world I live in is one where we respect choices and don't make people's choices for them. Though ironically if you go left just enough you arrive at communism and here you are, handing out jobs to those you see fit to do them.

You can't discriminate against a person's religion, to do so wouldn't be right.......

A person allowed to be religious.

A person is allowed to be gay.

A religion says homosexuality is not allowed.

Therefore, it's okay to discriminate against homosexuals if you follow this religion.

Otherwise you're discriminating against the religion.

And the retard roller coaster goes round and round

The problem seems to be is in both directions there is (not you personally) lack education and intellect, we're left with not much more than a bunch of angry sheep.
I tend to agree with your comment but c'mon most women aren't as physically strong as men of the same weight. Its just a biological fact. Most healthy young men could lift half their body weight above their head, whereas most women would struggle . Some jobs require strength and as such, are male dominated .

edit- After re-reading I see where your coming from.

Political correctness isn't about minimising bullying and discrimination, it's about watering shit down to such a generic and sanitized state so as to not offend anyone.

Minimising bullying and discrimination is a good thing. Political correctness needs to **** off and die.

technobabble66 said:

Have a listen to Nobel Prize winning economist Miltom Freedmans spin on equal pay. Quite a different perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsIpQ7YguGE

The core emotion of the Anti-PC movement seems to simply be selfishness. Pure and simple. (Maybe with laziness mixed in). Not necessarily. In my opinion its a often cringingly patronising handbrake on free speech.

How can Australians honestly think multiculturalism is bad for our society? Because we use the term multi-cultural when what we really mean is multi-ethnicity. If you don't want people of a certain race living in your society, you are by definition a racist. If on the other hand you dont want people with cultural beliefs that censure homosexuals, riot over cartoons and treat women as chattel living in your society, then you have every justification to demand they give up these practices or moove on. Some cultures are simply more conducive to human flourishing than others.

Camo6 said:
Bet you weren't asked for as many sponge baths though.
Plenty of times! From patients and nurses even sexually harassed by Female bosses and staff members.

Dave70 said:
How can Australians honestly think multiculturalism is bad for our society? Because we use the term multi-cultural when what we really mean is multi-ethnicity. If you don't want people of a certain race living in your society, you are by definition a racist. If on the other hand you dont want people with cultural beliefs that censure homosexuals, riot over cartoons and treat women as chattel living in your society, then you have every justification to demand they give up these practices or moove on. Some cultures are simply more conducive to human flourishing than others.
People just don't know what culture is

Culture is everything, everywhere, always throughout society,

Your workplace has its own micro culture

This forum has its own culture

Those family "traditions" every one has, family culture

Eating lamb tomorrow, is cultural, not that it's of many cultures but itself is culture.

Sorry guys I have to to drown in some bleach for a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFxUhTPzz_8

technobabble66 said:

Urgh.
Here's a couple of good links by people smarter then you and I. If you read/listen to both of them I can't help but think you'll change alot of the views, however if you read/listen to both and still have the same views, so be it.

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=hire_women

http://podcasts.joerogan.net/#/podcasts/jordan-peterson

Ducatiboy stu said:
I must say...there is a distinct lack of female train drivers.
More female train drivers may be one way to reduce the enormous pay packets of train drivers.

Dave70 said:
Have a listen to Nobel Prize winning economist Miltom Freedmans spin on equal pay. Quite a different perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsIpQ7YguGE
Friedman's spin on equal pay was as botched as most of his theorising. He back-tracked on so much in his later life as he could no longer defend assertions proven to be patently false in the real world. In this particular presentation he doesn't even realise his use of the phrase, 'equal pay for equal work' doesn't accord with his proceeding description of the workplace. The examples he uses are not cases of people doing equal work and are therefore not relevant to the topic of whether 2 people doing the same job at the same performance level should receive the same level of remuneration.

Back