Hickinbotham Winery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Anyone been to Hickinbotham winery in Dromana? They brew their own beer too and I must say its worth the trip down there.
The wife and I went on Saturday and got their at 11am as they opened. They had the open fire roaring and some nice music palying.
Had a tasting platter of their beers which included a Pale Ale, Pilsener, Brown ale, Stout and a Dark ale called beezlebubs elixer. I liked them all but Im not going to describe each one with fancy terms like Im describing fruit or food because Im new to this game and would only sound like a Di%@head.
Anyway we spent a few hours there watching people come in order a coffee drink and leave (Whats that about)
Until the true winos came and started sampling their wine.
We ordered a dips and biscuits platter which was fantastic to say the least and thats all we needed to satisfy our hunger.

Well worth the visit, heres some pics.

6072808680_a8641d0e99.jpg

6072268513_98c3c8d10a.jpg

My wife too busy playing with her Iphone
6072810608_7e27c29d68.jpg

can second that the beer is great, pale was awarded a gold at the Australian International Beer Awards.

Bayside brewers run their Octoberfext comp/festival/thing there each year ... I might even try to make it down this year. ;)

Whats Bayside brewers all about? Can anyone join?

Whats Bayside brewers all about? Can anyone join?

Truman, we are a group of about 40 members who meet the first Wednesday of the month and are open to all that are interested, be it full grain, or extract. We are in the process of updating our web site but general info is there as well as the monthly meeting places (although I notice our next meeting is yet to be displayed - I'll update that). We hold our annual Oktoberfest at Hickinbotham's which this year is on October the 9th and we also run a homebrewing comp the previous day (details which are posted in the competition and result listing on this forum). Cameron, who is the brewer at Hickinbotham is one of our members and I will certainly agree as the previous person suggested that his beers are very good, match that to some great musicians that play there and you've got a great afternoon.

Hi Truman,

As mialee mentioned, we meet first Wednesday night of the month, for tastings, internal club competitions, and loads of verbal-diarrhea (usually about beer, even :) )

The location of the monthly meeting varies, as it's usually at a club member's house, but members are generally located anywhere from St Kilda, all the way down to Flinders.

Shoot me a PM, and I'll send you the address of the next meeting if you're interested in coming and checking us out. Be warned though, you'll probably end up drinking some good beer, but that's a price all of us have gotta pay.

Latest posts

Back