Hi

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brouhaha

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm Nathan.

I live in Kensington (VIC). I've been brewing for about a year now, all extract until last weekend when I did my first BIAB (a brown ale from JZ's book). I thought that seeing as my brewing obsession is growing at an alarming rate I had better start getting involved on AHB.

welcome aboard, if that's Janet's brown ale it's very nice.

adding one obsession to the next hay? :)

Welcome to the jungle, keep an eye out for the Vic Case Swaps, should be one coming up in July, they are generally great days with much beer banter, generally a BBQ/Spit and overall make for a pretty good hangover.

oh.. people swap homebrew too :lol:

have a bit of a look through >THIS< for previous examples, most states have them, but Victorias are better :p

there is also a new brewclub forming up your way if you are keen, there is a thread started >HERE< with details

ed: added links

mxd, it was actually the Dirty Water Brown Ale. Can't speak for how good it is yet, but man I smelled gooood! Yob, thanks for the links, I'll be checking those out for sure.

Nathan,
Westgate have a meeting this Sunday...
We are not far from Kensington ...
www.westgatebrewers.org
Or email me at [email protected]
For any more info...
Cheers
Ferg

Ey mate. Fellow Kensingtonian(?) and member of the newly formed Merri Mashers. I'm only about 6 months in and yet to do my first AG/BIAB. Sounds like yours in coming along nicely though :)

Take your pick of club but might see you at the next MM meeting next month.

Hi Ferg - I was going to come to the meeting this weekend, I met some of your guys at Grain and Grape, but I've had something else come up. I'm keen to come along some time though, you seem to have some pretty knowledgeable brewers over there.

And beermeupscotty, good to see a fellow Kensingtonian around (now that we've both used it, it's officially a word). I'll be at the next MM meeting for sure, no harm in going to 2 clubs is there? I don't want to get a reputation as some kind of beer ho...

lol. I dunno. Not sure what the Westgate clubs general rules are but we don't mind (so long as you tick "spy" under 'membership type' on our lethally binding contract).

I've reached the point where everyone I know is sick of hearing about homebrew... I think 2 clubs is the antidote, get all that brew talk out of my system....

Latest posts

Back