Hi All

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhcoffee

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Newbie here, just wanted to introduce myself.... Im located in Cranbourne north.... I was introduced to brewing last year at the local brewhouse in hallam and want to give it a go myself..... Can anyone suggest where to start please.. Many thanks

Welcome. Hope you enjoy your brewing journey.

I'm not from Melbourrne, but the best advice I can give you is to hook up with a local brew club.
You''l find they will all be friendly, no matter what stage of your brewing experience you are at, and more than happy to advise you.
I'm sure some Melbourne local will post on here and guide you in the right direction.
Another good resource are the stickies on this forum. They cover all the basics.
Brew shops such as Grain & Grape (click on their link in the sponsors' section at the top of the page) also, I believe, run brewing demonstrations from time to time.

Bayside Brewers would be the closest to you out that way mate.

Look them up on the Web to see when their next meeting is.

Cheers, welcome into the fray :)

Welcome aboard the good ship AHB. Warra's right, a club would be a great resource for learning. I'll also +1 reading a bunch of stickies (pinned?) threads on here.

John Palmer's How To Brew is a great book. It's pretty cheap but if you don't want to buy it there's an earlier verison freely available on the 'net. Although if you join a club you could more than likely borrow someone's copy. Some of the info is a bit out dated but it really is a great place to start as it covers everything from kit brewing up to all grain. For me the best thing is that it also gives you step-by-step instructions about how to brew (who would've thought with a title like that? :p)

Happy brewing.

Back