Herald Sun -vb Cops It In Taste Test.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not only does TB shine but he can invigorate threads to the point they are :icon_offtopic:
Half this thread is backslapping. Have something to say or rub the dirt from your nose.

I ignored the blind test because an unknown number of people rating an unknown number of beers, served in unknown forms doesn't mean shit to me. 700 people were serveyed on thier opinion of VB and it was rated lowest, that's a lot of people. I am of the opinion that VB, MB and Crown taste very similar, so I joke that they come from the same batch. It doesn't mean I think I could brew better beer than you, but this is AussieHomeBrewer so as Aussies expect some ribbing. I'm not going to stop ribbing people but its not done with malice. Sure there are some people who take it seriously but you have to learn to ignore them. You brew the highest selling beer in Australia and as such expect some shit.

My beer will never get ribbed en masse because no one cares about it. It's good to be ribbed in Australia, it means your successful.

Peace :beer:

Could not have said it better myself!

50% sugar... bullshit, made from extract and flavouring... bullshit, made in 36hrs.... bullshit, all one beer and just different artificial additives ... bullshit, full of preservatives... bullshit. etc etc etc

Hate the stuff to your hearts content - but try not to tell or believe lies about it. You don't need to, if you think its bad - surely that's enough?? Why waste your time making up excuses for it?

So I can't be the only one who really wants to know - are VB and MB the same wortstream treated differently at bottling? Is CD different? Why does Studley Park Road sometimes smell delicious on Monday, but CUB lagers smell like a mousecage?

PS - I still wont name the brewery that the tosser who had a crack at me works for... but if it were Paul Holgate or Simon Walkenhorst I might have taken it a little better. With this guy however I had to manfully refrained from pointing out, that his particular brewery has been considered for years to be a standing joke amongst the Victorian beer community for its continued and apparently unashamed production of horribly infected swill. He obviously doesn't know it - but anyone here from Victoria could have a damn good guess at which brewery I mean.

Those boys from Mirboo North are the John Holmes of Aussie brew tools...

I have no issue with the guys from mirboo north... Last time i talked to them they wer eintelligent articulate and not the tosser in question

I think the girls in the picture at the top of the article should kiss... B)

That photo was probably taken with a 14mm lens, and originally showed their feet and a background of a bar/cafe/whatever.

matr, through all of the confusion as to who is rimming who, and if Crown is actually just Fosters, except brewed in Mirboo North, your insightful clarity simply slices through it all and gets to the heart of the issue. Give that man a job!

"Mexican favourite Corona topped the list, followed by low-carb option Pure Blonde and Tooheys."....and that's why the survey aint worth shit.

"Mexican favourite Corona topped the list, followed by low-carb option Pure Blonde and Tooheys."....and that's why the survey aint worth shit.
7 year bump

:bigcheers: