Help with extract pale ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatts

Reaction score
Not at AG level yet. Enjoying extract brewing for now. The ones I made With dme (wheat beers mainly) have been upto scratch. Mates happily drink them.

The ones I've made with coopers kits, steeping grains, good yeast and hops dont do much for me. A lingering bitter taste frustrates me (and leads me to think im better off just buying the stuff)

Is it possible to make a good to fantastic Hoppy pale ale (LC style or the like - something fresh with nice fruits )with dme or similar (not kits), steeping etc?

If this is somewhere on forums already pls feel free to lead me to it. Happy just to follow instructions of one who has done it well. Not up with the recipe designing bit. Simple =good

Ta

Should be very doable

Link here to quite a few pale ale extract recipes.

This one in particular is meant to be very good.

I pretty much used DME exclusively when I was doing extract brewing, you can make some fantastic brews that way. Steeping grains are a great way to add a bit more character to your beer.

Have you got JZ's book "Brewing Classic Styles"? there's some great extract recipes in there. If you know the recipe your using is good and your beer still tastes a bit dodgy you know the issue is with your ingredients or process.

Cheers for the link and yes just ordered said book. Thanks for responding! !

Very good website.

www.palmbeachbrew.com.au

you'll see they have a lot of clone recipes for all different types of beers. I've tried the LCPA one and it worked really well, I use a coopers kit myself. It will,never taste exactly the same as the commercial beer but its pretty close!! You could also use cascade hops instead of the suggested!!

this shop is on the gold coast but you can order online and have it posted :)

Latest posts

Back