Help with an AG recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks,

looking to use up my leftover hops, not sure what I can do with them though so looking for some help:

East Kent Goldings - 75gms
Amarillo - 75gms
Centennial - 25gms
Cascade - 25gms.

I brew in A bag so any recommendations on style and grain bill would be awesome

I was thinking an IPA, definitely need grain. That's what I'm after, a recipe that I can use up these hops - maybe add some others in there and a grain bill.

I was thinking an APA as not enough to dry hop an IPA with those amounts. Grain bill something like: 89% Ale Malt, 8% Wheat Malt, 3% some of med Crystal or what ever you use to add a bit of colour if you want more sugar in the flavour profile maybe some a few % melanoidin for some of the base grain. Use some of the EKG to give a bit of IBU backbone for your BU:GU ratio. Then say 10 minute additions for the rest. Have to put the numbers into some software to get the specific amounts of IBUs for the timing you choose and the OG etc etc but that all should work. Just need to juggle the specialty malts to suit your taste and colour

Hey folks,

looking to use up my leftover hops, not sure what I can do with them though so looking for some help:

East Kent Goldings - 75gms
Amarillo - 75gms
Centennial - 25gms
Cascade - 25gms.

I brew in A bag so any recommendations on style and grain bill would be awesome
Ey Up Josh ,
OG @ 1.045 , 1.006 Sugars , FG @ 1.008
I`d go for say 90 % B - B Pale @ < 4 ebc > 5 % Light Crystal 3 % Amber
2 % Wheat
Bitterness 1.5 Hour Boil
1 St : Amarillo to 14 ibu Centenial 4 ibu @ 1.045
2 Nd : East Kents @ 10 ibu , Cascade 2 ibu @ 1.048