Help Please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgedgerton

Reaction score
Yes I know you have heard it all before. Have managed to do that time old trick of getting beer in the regulator. So is back for service or can I clean it up myself given I have an engineering background? If so how does one go about it?

Can't help on the reg side, but I'd suggest getting a non-return valve to same you some money on getting it serviced. Actually, if you know what you are doing I think Ross sells service kits for some reg's. Personally I wouldn't f**k with it but hey, I'm not an engineer. Maybe give Ross a call?

Engineering as in fabrication or engineering as in looking at lines on pieces of paper? If the second you can't even be trusted to do that right - leave it alone!

Yup the non return valve is the go. When I was setting up the kegerator I got beer up the gas pipe and the NRV saved the day. When I installed it I thought "Thirty bucks for that little heap of plastic crap?". Ten minutes later I repented :rolleyes: Maybe a bit late on this occasion and definitely not gloating but hopefully there's someone on the forum who can offer assistance.

Engineering as in fabrication or engineering as in looking at lines on pieces of paper? If the second you can't even be trusted to do that right - leave it alone!

Love your subtle approch bum ,,, lol

Firstly - engineer that mucks around with mechanical bits and pieces. Decided every second counted, found an exploded diagram and went for it. Fortunately someone was looking down on me (other than those rolling their eyes at the stupidity of it) cleaned it up, put back together and is good as new - for now at least.

One-way valve, I get the message thanks anyway, really good as found the diagram on an old post in this forum.

Bruce2,
Its a pretty straightfoward operation here is the breakdown for a micromatic regulator.After opening the regulator you made need to purchase a regulator service kit from one of our sponsors and fit it.
Franko

reg.gif.jpg

Couple of hints I found:
If you get at it fairly quickly you may not need the kit - also dependent on other things

The red fibre washer will distort from being wet so when you wash it lay it flat on a piece of paper towel with something light on it to keep it flat.

Be careful not to damage the "O" ring when removing.

You will need to make a simple tool to undo the threaded collet (see section 8)

Finally when you reassemble and try out "STAND TO THE SIDE OF THE REGULATOR - NOT IN FRONT OF THE GAUGES"

Good luck

spanner.jpg

Just make sure that that red washer is ok it makes the seal for the regulator

Latest posts

Back