Help Me Spend $160

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quantocks

it's time to step up the BPM
Reaction score
Weird topic title, but I've just been paid $160 via PayPal for advertising on a website. I really can't be stuffed going through setting up a bank account, etc and linking to my account so want to spend it online on brew related stuff.

I was thinking maybe two cornelius kegs (I have two already), or just spend it ALL on multiple cans of goo from Brewers Choice?

I already have three fermenters, a kegerator, dual font and MKOL, not sure what else I can spend it on.

any tips appreciated :)

Go look at eBay in the Breweriana sections (Collectibles).

Heaps to spend it on there, like kegs or beer and bar related stuff.

I find the best value with PayPal money is to just let it sit there and wait till something I really need comes along on eBay!

A bit off topic, but I had my PayPal Primary Currency set for USD and when the AUD dropped, I made $600 for nothing! It got withdrawn very fast!

Get a big ass pot, a 3 ring burner, and some grain and hops B)

+1 to reviled's post - or just start swapping out any brass bits with shiny ss bits. that should take care of any extra cash you have.

Oh and consider making a donation to the site that provides us all with so much!

For an extra $100, you could get 4 kegs including postage from Ross @ Craftbrewer (no affiliation, etc). Waiting on delivery of mine at the moment!

Or go a refractometer,

Or a tempmate & old fridge for ultimate fermenter control!

2c.

you dont need to link your bank account to withdraw the 160, just type in your details.

The linking your bank account nonsense is just authorizing paypal to direct debit your account whenever they see fit - definitely not recommended. I had my paypal account comprimised a while ago, and with credit card transactions you can just do a chargeback, if your accounts are linked they can pull money out of your bank and you've got next to zero recourse. Lucky the ombudsman was on my side and it all came good.

But yeah, point of the story, just type your number in, hit the withdraw button, a few days later your $160 richer.

you dont need to link your bank account to withdraw the 160, just type in your details.

The linking your bank account nonsense is just authorizing paypal to direct debit your account whenever they see fit - definitely not recommended. I had my paypal account comprimised a while ago, and with credit card transactions you can just do a chargeback, if your accounts are linked they can pull money out of your bank and you've got next to zero recourse. Lucky the ombudsman was on my side and it all came good.

But yeah, point of the story, just type your number in, hit the withdraw button, a few days later your $160 richer.

Shhh, then he might not spend the money on brewing :lol:

I don't know if you already have a fermentation fridge/freezer. If not, raven19's suggestion of a temperature controlled fermentation set-up is excellent. As you have undoubtedly seen on this site numerous times, irrespective of wort production system, fermentation control will improve the final product.

Back