Hello Gents, my first post!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Middo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My name is Adam and I just wanted to drop by with my first post and say hello to everyone. I've been reading these forums a bit these last couple months working out what to do and where to start with brewing my own beers.

I'll be honest I've never brewed a day in my life but I've taken on advice from several sources and figure I've done alright up to the point of actual brewing. I'm a little lighter in the pocket now though I've got a 3 tap kegerator, 4 kegs and 2 fermenters to go with my crown urn, biab, thermostat control, paddle and other hose connectors and some parts that are meant to see me through my first brew. I've also ordered 6 metres of copper pipe and a pipe bender to make my own chiller though the first brew was put together by craftbrewer to chill overnight.

My first beer is going to be an ACME IPA clone which I'll be doing Saturday. I'm totally winging it up to now, I did buy a bunch of books which arrived the other day though I might not get far with those before batch 1 is ready for fermenting.

I look forward to spending a lot of time on this new hobby, if my love for beer can somehow translate into brewing I hope to be making some really good all grain beers in the near future.

Cheers!
Adam

Hi Adam, as a long term SEQ resident (recently fled from the malignant dwarf's regime B) ) I can recommend getting along to Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers (BABBs) who meet every month at Holland Park West.
You are in good hands with Craftbrewer and as Ross will tell you, you can make brilliant beers with BIAB / urn.

Cheers

Cheers Adam, seems like your well prepared with a great attitude & equipment choice. Unfortunately your wallet will never return to its former glory, but you'll definitely have a lot of fun indulging in the hobby.

:beerdrink:

Welcome Middo,

Sounds like you are well down the slippery slope of brewing, you will fit right in here. It is a great hobby enjoy!!

Cheers,

Andrew.

Edit: Double post removed!!

Gryphon Brewing said:
Hi Adam
Good luck, this hobby quickly becomes an obsession.
Nev
I think a few of my mates would already tell you that it's already an obsession. That said though I think it's a pretty fine obsession to have doing something you love and getting to share and enjoy with friends is a bonus.

Bribie G said:
Hi Adam, as a long term SEQ resident (recently fled from the malignant dwarf's regime B) ) I can recommend getting along to Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers (BABBs) who meet every month at Holland Park West.
You are in good hands with Craftbrewer and as Ross will tell you, you can make brilliant beers with BIAB / urn.

Cheers
Thanks bribie for the advice, I actually attended my first babbs meeting last week and will be joining up in the new year. I met some really great guys there and tasted some fantastic beers and was lucky to be on the table that sampled the winner of the night with Kris's Vienna Lager. He's off to the nationals today and despite all that he took the time to respond to my email today, what more can you say.

Ross was also really helpful at Craftbrewer, over two visits he took through everything I needed and I'm now pretty well setup to get brewing. I've got more plans to follow down the track, just need to get my head above water for now and start brewing some beers that I like to drink.

Back