Hello From England

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If only they had the odd DAILY bath.... :ph34r:

Bath has fermenters in, shower cubicle is full of conditioning beer.

I get a wash every 2-3 weeks at the same time as scrubbing the krausen off.

I have a mate in the UK coming back soon, do your immigrants know where you can buy Thomas Hardy Vintage Ale from around London? I really want to try it and was trying to get him to bring some back.

Nectar has it :)

Nectar has it :)

Nice one, thanks for the heads up, will call them to see how much, maybe be cheaper in the UK.....especially with the pound as it is.

If only they had the odd DAILY bath.... :ph34r:

Cant believe im actually saying this but you're not wrong Chappo, Poms dont wash. Ive been back there once since 1992 (and that was enough) and stayed with my sister for a couple of weeks. Id got into the habit of showering everyday during the 7 or so years of being here so I went over there and my sister couldnt believe that I was in there every day showering. I actually noticed that she would only shower every 3 or so days. Obviously I didnt say anything as I didnt want to embarrass my big sister. I noticed by the end of my stay she was doing the same as me. Weird huh. I remember growing as a kid though, we would only ever have one bath a week and that was on a Sunday because we had school the next day.

We have 6 Pommie Contractors in the office here in Brisbane.... Technically an infestation.

Best thing is 2 of them frequently visit home under instruction to bring back beer for me...

You lot are allright... I Guess.... At least you make pretty good beer.
Nice to be loved...Lol :)
Wish i could move over to Aussie land, it's a place I'd love to visit before I die.

John

we would only ever have one bath a week and that was on a Sunday because we had school the next day.
LoL. memories...?? :)
It's still like that.... bath on a Sunday, flannel down during the week.

Gas is that expensive over here now were starting to rot away!!

BB

Ey-up lad, came in late here as I've been off the web for a few days while moving house. I was born in Pontefract then brought up in Brierley Nr Grimethorpe, then Newcastle on Tyne - still have rellies in Brierley and Wakefield. Remember as a kid going past the Barnsley Oakwell Ales Brewery on the bus.

Funny thing is whenever I'm back in the old dart I bathe daily for the first week then I lapse into my old ways. You really don't need to shower daily, after three days you sniff your armit and all you can smell is the deodorant you put on days ago. However there are certain regions that do benefit from daily lavage - hence the popularity of bidets in the UK. However bidets never caught on in Aus because of the daily showering routine.

There were a lot of American air bases in the UK in my youth and it was well known that the daily showering Californians and Southern US servicemen would come down with all sorts of nasty skin diseases in the winter until they learned to go native.
Love Barnsley, oldest continuous markets in the UK I believe, hundreds of years old - incredible fish poultry and meat halls.

Back