Hello From England

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
My name is John from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, I'm a regular brewer with a 10 gallon brewery.
I use brewing forums in the U.K but I thought I'd nip over and see what you guys are doing ;)

Sorry if it's in the wrong area/thread.

BB :D

G'day John and welcome to the boards.

Got any pics of your brewery?

Hello,
My name is John from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, I'm a regular brewer with a 10 gallon brewery.
I use brewing forums in the U.K but I thought I'd nip over and see what you guys are doing ;)

Why not, we have infected your sites for a while now. Welcome to AHB and don't be scared to see and comment on the difference between this site and (say) Jim's which I assume you are on.

Why not, we have infected your sites for a while now. Welcome to AHB and don't be scared to see and comment on the difference between this site and (say) Jim's which I assume you are on.

Hi Lads,
Thanks' for the warm welcome....
I use Jim's and THBF (the homebrew forum)

Once I get my head around your forum I'll post a few pics of the shed brewey and my set-up.

John

Ahhh i havnt been on Jims in a while now..... a good forum.... but not as good as this one :)

Welcom!

Cheers

Hello,

Heyup Lad!!

Screwy

Welcome BB youre input will be greatly appreciated love pommy bitters

Chelsea Ahe ! I hope the Dockers do the same Im West Aust go you Dockers

Anyway mate great to hear from you what are ya brewing

Yorkshire.....what a lovely place. I was there for one night a few years ago :) Some funny slang words....and us Aussies get told we speak funny...

Yorkshire Slang Dictionary

Crate Egg:
Old fashioned Barnsley/general yorkshire term for dickhead. more often used whilst driving...
"gerront right side ut rowd yer crate egg"
*taps temple with forefinger in angry fashion in rearview mirror for 'crate egg' to see*

Clark it Up:
(Yorkshire slang, specific to Leeds)
If a young woman dances like a complete hoebag, in order to capture the attention of young men.
Look at that lass over there clarking it up! She's gagging for it!
I'm bored, let's clark it up a bit!

Gorra:
this is a yorkshire slang word for "got to"....av gorra ger oam els r lass ll kill us (i have got to get home now or my girfrend will be pissed off)

ayfa lumpa Charlie:
South Yorkshire slang term that translates to Standard English as "Half a lump of Charlie" which half of a house brick.I was just walking past the shop when this kid on the roof through ayfa lumpa Charlie at me! Scared me shitless!

source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...yorkshire+slang
more for the keen: http://norikoandshuya.livejournal.com/42810.html

Rendo

Hello,

Welcome BB youre input will be greatly appreciated love pommy bitters

Chelsea Ahe ! I hope the Dockers do the same Im West Aust go you Dockers

Anyway mate great to hear from you what are ya brewing

Hi,
I'm supping a pale beer at the moment Maris Otter and Toriffied wheat, Fuggles and Challenger 47 IBU's, cracking pint!
Got 10 gallon of Lager fermenting and hope to get a brew going this weekend!

John

Ooaar BB !

Anover ex pat.... altho I be from Somerzet !

But I had to leave my combine harvester at home ;)

Ooarr... I loves me coider... and bloody good Scumpy to boot !

BTW - had a nice scrumpy last weekend... from herefordshire !

I reckon I'll be giving a cider a bash as soon as I can !

G,Day Screwy, av nipped over to your side of the world. B) Will a Pom be accepted???

BB

haha "will a pom be accepted"

Somedays its seems like there's more poms than locals on here...

from
A.N.Other POM

Ooarr... I loves me coider... and bloody good Scumpy to boot !

BTW - had a nice scrumpy last weekend... from herefordshire !

I reckon I'll be giving a cider a bash as soon as I can !

Dan's have Westons Old Rosy cloudy Scrumpy in stock here, ooooooohhhhh so nice, and dangerous at 7.3abv.

Screwy

That's the yellow label one yeah Screwy ?

Thats the one I had... :chug:

I got a bottle of Weston's Vintage Cider too... 2008 I think it was, might have been '09... either way... down the hatch at Friday night drinkies tonight !!!

haha "will a pom be accepted"

Somedays its seems like there's more poms than locals on here...

from
A.N.Other POM

We have 6 Pommie Contractors in the office here in Brisbane.... Technically an infestation.

Best thing is 2 of them frequently visit home under instruction to bring back beer for me...

You lot are allright... I Guess.... At least you make pretty good beer.

We have 6 Pommie Contractors in the office here in Brisbane.... Technically an infestation.

Best thing is 2 of them frequently visit home under instruction to bring back beer for me...

You lot are allright... I Guess.... At least you make pretty good beer.

I have a mate in the UK coming back soon, do your immigrants know where you can buy Thomas Hardy Vintage Ale from around London? I really want to try it and was trying to get him to bring some back.

Back