Hello from Colorado

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewsWayne

Reaction score
I am a recently retired former pro brewer getting back into homebrewing.
Years ago I had a single tier, three vessel, propane fired system.

I have recently ordered a 65L Brewzilla with 35L DigiBoil for sparge water.

Looking forward for the next phase.

Cheers,
Wayne

Hi Wayne, hopefully you'll have some awesome 'former pro' tips for us, likewise there are certainly a few guys around here running various models of the Robobrew/Brewzilla units (not me yet, I'm still doing BIAB with a 40L Crown urn but have been thinking about the 35L Brewzilla). Anyway, good luck with it, any plans for the first brew?

Hi Wayne, hopefully you'll have some awesome 'former pro' tips for us, likewise there are certainly a few guys around here running various models of the Robobrew/Brewzilla units (not me yet, I'm still doing BIAB with a 40L Crown urn but have been thinking about the 35L Brewzilla). Anyway, good luck with it, any plans for the first brew?

Thanks for all the welcomes. I hope to get power run this weekend. Water should be another week.
I ordered in a few pounds of various hops today. I should get some malts next week.
I am thinking of a simple Pale Ale with Rahr Standard 2 row and about 10% Weyermann Carahell. Hops will be Amarillo and Columbus. to about 40 IBU
This is based on a recipe I first made about seven years ago.

Here is a picture of the last system I brewed on:
Station 26.jpg

I do expect a bit of a learning curve with the BrewZilla

You must be spoilt for great craft breweries in Colorado Wayne !

Colorado does have over 400 independent craft breweries. Quite a few of them are on the Front Range from Colorado Springs to Ft. Collins. I live in the SW surburbs of Denver and there are about half a dozen within 2 miles of me. Downtown Denver has seen quite an explosion of growth in both population and breweries.

There still is some room for small, neighborhood breweries and brewpubs. I will say I believe the packaging end of things is well saturated.

S/W of Denver? Littleton? I know some people there.
Welcome to the forum.

Thank you.

I am in a area known as Ken Caryl. SW of Littleton. Almost into the foothills.

Thank you.

I am in a area known as Ken Caryl. SW of Littleton. Almost into the foothills.

Jealous. Spent my uni years in FoCo at Colorado State. Very fond memories. I took my wife (born and raised in Melbourne) to boulder and foco a Couple years back to see my old stomping ground and she reckons its the only other place she could live outside of Melbourne & surrounds.

That clean air and sunsets over the mountains just drag you in. A truly special place to be certain.

Cheers and welcome

Latest posts

Back