Hello from A Hervey Bay Hippie

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Hippie That Brews

Reaction score
Hello All

I am a keen brewer but I have never liked beer.

What I like to brew don't come from kits, I like to do things from scratch and very rarely go over a 5Ltr Demijohn\Carboy.

Carbonated Beverage, Soft Drink, Soda. (Whatever you may call it) I like to make my own Syrups and sometimes ferment them to add a bit of ABV. Or Carbon Filtered Water & Dextrose with SN9 yeast @ OSG 1.146 to get that ABV Mixer for the soda stream. (18% ABV)

Ciders, (or the like) Get that well ripened fruit going.

Beers, Ginger, Sarsaparilla & Root are my favourite. Some of you will say their not beers but I brew them so I think they are.

Wine, (or the like) No Grapes Allowed.

Syrups -

Creaming Soda, Lemon, Lime, Sour Cherry, Kiwi Fruit, Pineapple, Raspberry, Blueberry, Pomegranate, Ginger, Root Beer, Etc. (A Fridge with lots of 375ml bottles.)

Ciders -

Depeche, Raspberry, Apple, Pear, Apple & Pear, Mixed Berry, Spice Pineapple, Etc.

Beers -

I gave that away already

Wines -

When it not considered a Cider. (So Not Much)

P.S
( he said root - he he he)
( not buying a still) only spirit I drink comes from a turkey.
( some times I cheat with Zatarian's Root Beer Extract & Rainbow Flavours Sarsaparilla Extract)
( Zatarian's Root Beer Extract is a Double Sarsaparilla Taste)

Cheers All
Warren

A Hippie That Brews said:
Hello All

I am a keen brewer but I have never liked beer.

What I like to brew don't come from kits, I like to do things from scratch and very rarely go over a 5Ltr Demijohn\Carboy.

Carbonated Beverage, Soft Drink, Soda. (Whatever you may call it) I like to make my own Syrups and sometimes ferment them to add a bit of ABV. Or Carbon Filtered Water & Dextrose with SN9 yeast @ OSG 1.146 to get that ABV Mixer for the soda stream. (18% ABV)

Ciders, (or the like) Get that well ripened fruit going.

Beers, Ginger, Sarsaparilla & Root are my favourite. Some of you will say their not beers but I brew them so I think they are.

Wine, (or the like) No Grapes Allowed.

Syrups -

Creaming Soda, Lemon, Lime, Sour Cherry, Kiwi Fruit, Pineapple, Raspberry, Blueberry, Pomegranate, Ginger, Root Beer, Etc. (A Fridge with lots of 375ml bottles.)

Ciders -

Depeche, Raspberry, Apple, Pear, Apple & Pear, Mixed Berry, Spice Pineapple, Etc.

Beers -

I gave that away already

Wines -

When it not considered a Cider. (So Not Much)

P.S
( he said root - he he he)
( not buying a still) only spirit I drink comes from a turkey.
( some times I cheat with Zatarian's Root Beer Extract & Rainbow Flavours Sarsaparilla Extract)
( Zatarian's Root Beer Extract is a Double Sarsaparilla Taste)

Cheers All
Warren
Welcome,

Hope you enter local comps................. look forward to judging some of your makings!!!!!!!!

Screwy

Back