Heineken Keg To Postmix Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kopite

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Is there any way i can take what is left in my 50L heineken keg and put in into my postmix keg?
I have about 15-20L left over and dont want to waste it..........

Cheers

Hey Guys

Is there any way i can take what is left in my 50L heineken keg and put in into my postmix keg?
I have about 15-20L left over and dont want to waste it..........

Cheers

As long as you have a coupler for the heineken keg and a suitable transfer lead (ie one that will attach both to the coupler on the Heineken keg and to the liquid post on your postmix keg). Purge the postmix keg with CO2 and gas it up to the same pressure as the Heineken keg. Attach the transfer lead from the liquid connector on the Heinken coupler to the liquid post on the postmix keg. Do make sure that you have a check valve on the transfer lead and connect the check valve end last, otherwise you'll make a mess for sure!

Since the pressure in both vessels is equal, there will initially be no flow. Gently open the bleed valve on the postmix keg and the beer will begin to flow from the Heineken keg. Slow and steady is the key here, keep bleeding until the postmix keg is full or the Heineken keg is empty, whichever comes first.

Of course make sure that the postmix keg is clean and sterilized before you start.

To fill your postmix keg full of CO2, firstly, fill it with some no rinse sanitiser, then push that out with CO2, that way your keg will be full of CO2.

To fill your postmix keg full of CO2, firstly, fill it with some no rinse sanitiser, then push that out with CO2, that way your keg will be full of CO2.
Huh? :blink: :huh: What's CO2 got to do with it? or did I miss POL's sarcasm :p

Sarcasm?

Must have not put enough information in the post.

One of the aims when transferring beer, especially finished beer, is to avoid oxygen.

If the transfered beer is going to be consumed within a few days, don't fret too much. If the beer is to be kept for a few weeks, you want to avoid oxygen as much as possible.

To remove some of the oxygen, pressurise up the empty keg with CO2, turn off the gas pressure, hit the release valve and repeat a few times. This is purging. But some oxygen still remains.

To remove all oxygen, fill the empty keg with no rinse sanitiser, then use CO2 pressure to empty the keg. Your keg is now 100% full of carbon dioxide. Then follow Lex_fan's excellent suggestions.

off topic - good to see i'm not the only person who likes Lexx, havn't seen it in ages :(

v_lexx_02a,0.jpg

Back