Heineken Beertender

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Heineken have just finished trialling 4 litre kegs in Switzerland and are now offering it in other parts of Europe.
Key to the keg is the dispensing unit.

Check out the Beer Tender website here

Here is a picture of the dispensing unit and tap.

Beers,
Doc

HeinekenBeerTender_img_a700.jpg

Doc,
I like the look of that.
Now if they can only somehow get it to make coffees as well it would be the ultimate. :lol: :lol:

cheers

thats a neat setup.

i think i saw that Heineken keg on ebay a while ago for sale.

cheers
crackers

Anyone, know if they are refillable? And there is also a similar system released in Germany by Becks, but it is 6 litre for about AUD 300

Have doen some research on this and found that they have a little plastic bag full of beer inside the keg thing which may make it tricky to refill:

"Using the BeerTender Keg: The BeerTender Keg features a patented system for storing and dispensing beer. The beer is contained in a sealed bag inside the BeerTender Keg; air is applied between the BeerTender Keg and sealed bag containing the beer. With this system you can dispense beer without adding carbon dioxide to the beer in the container. The advantage is beer of higher, longlasting."

http://www.beertender.ch/_downloads/beertender_manual_de.pdf

I'd be selling it on eBay and investing in a proper microbrewery in my backyard :lol:

Doc

Heineken unveils $149,500 diamond beer tap

Heineken NV, the world's fourth-largest brewer, is selling the most expensive BeerTender, a machine for dispensing draft beer at home, studded with more than 35-karats in diamonds, for the equivlaent of 110,000 ($149,500).

A single prototype of the BeerTender Millionaire Style will be sold at the Millionaire's Fair in Amsterdam from Dec. 9 to Dec. 12.

The unique BeerTender, made of 18-karat gold, is decorated with more than 1,100 diamonds.

Back