Heff Blonde

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergi

Reaction score
just been to dan Murphy to buy some different beers to try,
first one i cracked was a james squire golden ale, it was nice but i also had a glass of dr smurtos golden ale next to it for trying, the docs golden ale was a sure winner here with a fresher punchy flavour delivering an overall nicer beer.

second beer i have here now is a heff blonde, it is sitting next to a blonde that i have made from a recipe that nigel62 did up for me, once again the ag home brew comes out on top, the home brew is smoother,but milder tasting than the heff, i find the heff a bit strong in the hop flavour and has a tingling on the tongue after a few minutes, is the heff hopped with sazz, not sure on this .

next one i have to try is a sierra nevada ,dont have anything to compare this to.and then i have a kolch ,also nothing to compare to.
fergi

heff blonde or leffe blonde?

sierra nevada? which one? pale ale? try LCPA?

JSGA is not not was it was once upon a time... (JS is the new age mega swill)

heff blonde or leffe blonde?

sierra nevada? which one? pale ale? try LCPA?

JSGA is not not was it was once upon a time... (JS is the new age mega swill)

sorry its a leffe blonde, and S/N pale ale.
fergi

Those Sierras are pretty darn good. I've never tried leffe blonde, but sounds like it was good for you. I'm definitely going to try it next time I'm out.

findleyc said:
Those Sierras are pretty darn good. I've never tried leffe blonde, but sounds like it was good for you. I'm definitely going to try it next time I'm out.
The Leffe Blonde is a very nice drop indeed. If you enjoy Trappist type beers. Polar opposites in these two ales though. The Leffe is a malty/inverted sugar flavoured brew while ( as you know) the Nevada is hop driven. Both great beers though.

Back