Hefeweizen IV yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have found dry wheat yeasts don't tend to be as crazy, so you may be ok. How old is the packet?

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Have found dry wheat yeasts don't tend to be as crazy, so you may be ok. How old is the packet?
Dunno, I'l have to check when I get home. I bought it on saturday so hopefully it should still be pretty young.

Just Internet search for blow off tube homebrew.

Get a tube,
cut a hole in your fermentor lid slightly smaller than your tube (which I didn't do cause I was in a hurry hence some krausen on top of lid in photo),
get 2 containers (jug, coffee jar, water bottle, etc), clean and sanitise it, fill it with enough water and sanitiser to make sure the end of tube is covered.
Insert tube into blow-off container fluid
insert other end of tube into fermentor and make sure it sits just above your wort level.
Keep an eye on the container to make sure it doesn't overflow
If container one is getting almost full, swap with container 2

It's really only 2 days of full-on ferment where you get the epic krausen production. It calms down after that and stops puking. You still get a very active bubbling though for a few days.

I have one of my silicon tubes stuck onto the airlock outlet cause it was puking krausen as well. Probably try that first because once ferment calms down a bit you could just swap back to a normal airlock setup. And you don't have multiple holes in your lid.

And I can't find the article I read about having tube sitting just above your wort. All article just mention sticking tube inside fermentor..

Liam_snorkel said:
I've read that they're mostly repackaged Fermentis, so it's probably K-97
Yeah I figured it was a rebadged product, but the packet nor their website gives any clue as to the exact source.

I only bought it as the other option in the store was WB-06 which supposedly gives more clove and less banana, and I want that banana goodness so I went with the unknown option!

Latest posts

Back