Heating With Electromagnetism-induction Cooker

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albrews

Reaction score
hi all,
i have just experienced heating,cooking with electromagnetism, using the so called induction cooktop and i have had a surprisingly good rsult.
on ebay.com.au they are inexpensive, and prodce pan bottom temps from 80 to 250 degrees centigrade.great to have around for hop boiling e.t.c.

look under induction cooker, on the search tab on www.ebay.com.au

p.s. do not burn yourself, and i do not have a financial interest.

cheers, alan

Yeah - I have an induction cooktop in my kitchen. They're a safer alternative to ceramic cooktops and give even better temperature control than gas. Problem is, you need cookware with a fairly high ferrous content in the base. If a magnet sticks to the base of your pot or pan, you can use it. So, forget about using aluminium boilers...

Also, I'd be surprised if they made them with enough grunt to bring 50L to the boil in a reasonable amount of time.

Yeah - I have an induction cooktop in my kitchen. They're a safer alternative to ceramic cooktops and give even better temperature control than gas. Problem is, you need cookware with a fairly high ferrous content in the base. If a magnet sticks to the base of your pot or pan, you can use it. So, forget about using aluminium boilers...

Also, I'd be surprised if they made them with enough grunt to bring 50L to the boil in a reasonable amount of time.

hi, yes iron and stainless pots, and not the so called sandwich ,multilayer bottom. the portable ones are rated to 2kw and would not be suitable for

50 l boils. maybe later they will design a higher power unit.

can't complain about he price ,on ebay the portable units are selling for around $30.00 with a postage fee of around $11.00

cheers
alan

Latest posts

Back