Heather Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have vac packed heather if anyone is looking for some. $5 for 200gm. Free postage.

Golani51 said:
I have vac packed heather if anyone is looking for some. $5 for 200gm. Free postage.
you dont like it? thats a shame.

suggest you throw it up on the marketplace.

I am yet to use it yet. Got carried away, bought a kilo, and thought to sell to others who may want to try some. How much can one use??

fraser_john said:
The Geelong Highland Gathering Association is still pondering a Scottish Ale Competition to be held at the Gathering, possibly March 2013. Currently the AABC guidelines only allow for three styles.

This thread indicates there might be enough interest in having a non AABC style for Heather Ale at the event?
Any update on the FJ?

methinks it's time to brew another one of these, given that my last one was an abject failure (being blended currently) and the first one was more of a Heather Porter by accident... a nice enough beer but not fame worthy I think...

Ive had some ideas for a brew so if this is a go then I shall make it my next to give it time to age a bit before the comp.

Cheers

Golani51 said:
I am yet to use it yet. Got carried away, bought a kilo, and thought to sell to others who may want to try some. How much can one use??
Golani, I'd be interested. How much do you have? Only 200gms?

You might want to shoot him a PM this will drop out of the current list pretty quickly, if he has already got rid of it let me know, I've still ggot enough for a few batches so could easily spare some, free except postage.

Cbeers

a couple of hundred grams is about right.. My last one I did 2 x 100g additions, could probably go a little more depending on when you were adding them, not sure if you have read the whole thread but these things are very hydrophobic.. with 2 SS knives in the stocking it still wanted to float in the boil, eventually sunk a 'bit'.

Anyway.. have fun with it, it's great to experiment with.

Cheers

Reviving an old thread here I know, I blame Yob :ph34r:
Was thinking a Scottish Ale for a Scottish mate, for some reason that lead me to Heather Ale.
I don't really want to start from scratch with a recipe did this get further refined?
Any tips?

Back