Heat Pad or Heat Belt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrens

Reaction score
Gidday guys, Heat Pad or Heat Belt? I know the pads are more exspensive , and I will need two also. ( 2 fermenters ). So the cost is getting up there.
Whats peoples thoughts on the belts?
Im going to ferment in a fridge (temp controlled ) so will need a heating option.
Appreciate everybodys input.
Darren.

I'm using a heat belt, but its just hung inside the fridge. I get away with two fermenters in the fridge and have one heat belt to do both.

Unless it's freezing cold you will not need heat with fridge.

Not just a 'use search' response, but type your exact title to this thread into search, and choose the google option. You will get pages of this question.

I don't need any heating in my fermenting fridge, but if I did I would go for a reptile heat lamp.

LINKY - Happy Reading

Probably thousands of discussions, all revolve around the same thing really, youll still need a controller and it really doesnt matter which, Pad of Belt both do the same job.

Personal preference when I set up was for heat pads.. if I had my time again I'd probably go the belt cheaper option.

:icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back