Hbs In Canberra

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it was excellent to meet you bro_shoppe. People told me you were the dogs whatsits and they were right. I've got the SuperPride pellets in the bar fridge here but everytime I open it (to get a DAB from a local bottlo out) I'm just knocked out by the aroma. Goddam, they smell fantastic. Can't wait to get them in an Aussie Sparkling Ale. Would you recommend me late hopping with them (just a bit)? Thanks for your hospitality. Be careful though, I will have other meetings down here....
Best

ToG
Late hopping? The adage "Better late than never" would apply here, methinks.
If you can organize your meetings for the first Thursday of the month, I can drag you along to the CBC meetings.
Regards,
Shoppe

Tom's a good man and puts out some tremendous beers.

I haven't seen Tom at the Canberra Brewers... He would be a great recruit. I'm particularly interested in his spiced pumpkin wheat and blackcurrent cider.

everytime I open it (to get a DAB from a local bottlo out) I'm just knocked out by the aroma.

ToG

Glad you found your way and met Col. Good bloke for an old fella! One thing though, if you can smell your hops when you open the fridge they arent sealed properly? Im sure they'll be right but I heard it somewhere that they wont stay as fresh if you want to keep them for a while (but I dobt they will).
Cheers
Steve

ToG

Glad you found your way and met Col. Good bloke for an old fella! One thing though, if you can smell your hops when you open the fridge they arent sealed properly? Im sure they'll be right but I heard it somewhere that they wont stay as fresh if you want to keep them for a while (but I dobt they will).
Cheers
Steve

I'll repackage them when I get home and whack them straight in the freezer.

Cheers mate

Neil

Late hopping? The adage "Better late than never" would apply here, methinks.
If you can organize your meetings for the first Thursday of the month, I can drag you along to the CBC meetings.
Regards,
Shoppe
I'll bear that in mind about coinciding with CBC meetings - sounds like fun. No wonder you couldn't find that Belgian lager I was talking about yesterday. It's spelled 'Caporal'. Lovely beer.

Cheers

ToG

Hey guys,

Iv been hearing some talk of this 'Canberra Brewers bizzo',
Iv sent a few emails to the link on the website, but have not had a reply.
How do I go about getting registered to drink beer with you guys? ;)

cheers, Michael

Michael,

Harmonie German Club, Narrabundah. 1st Thursday of the month at ~7:45pm. If you want to join, it's $30 and you'll have access to the forum, expert advice and other benefits ;). See you there.

Hey guys,

cheers, Michael

G'day Michael

You can either register through Col at BYOAH in Kambah or turn up to our first meeting of the year on 5th Feb at the German Harmonie Club in Narrabundah.
Cheers
Steve

Edit: Cant spell harmony how they do!

Hey guys,

cheers, Michael

Michael, new committee installed so maybe sending emails to an oldish address (or receiver on holidays) Only been to one meeting (the last one in December) and these are good blokes. Had a ball ! Pissed off no one kicked onto 4.00am, but then again, barstaff wanted to go home. Very casual (I changed into shorts as venue is a downstairs cellar type bar and a tad warm !) Well worth the effort if you can make it. Bring a few beers along in an esky to share and talk beer with a bunch of fellow travellers. Some semi decent germans beers on tap there too !

Edit: Cant spell harmony how they do!
Apparently you couldn't find your way to the Harmonie Club in December either ! :D :p Be there in February ................ or else :ph34r:

Thanks guys,

Sounds like a plan, Unfortunately I can't make the Feb meeting (il be on a house boat breaking in my 2 new kegs). So il have a chat with Collin then see you at a meeting down the track!

:)

Once you have access to the forum you will be able to, depending on where you live, get into a car-pool arrangement. This is handy for if you feel like getting spastic on Hofbrau Dunkel on tap, also a good way to get to know a couple of the guys before you turn up to a room full of strangers.

Once you have access to the forum you will be able to, depending on where you live, get into a car-pool arrangement. This is handy for if you feel like getting spastic on Hofbrau Dunkel on tap, also a good way to get to know a couple of the guys before you turn up to a room full of strangers.

Or you can put a mattress in the back of the station wagon and sleep in the vacant lot next door before you take the 3 hour drive home next day !!!!

The Dunkel .. bloody nice little drop !

Perks of owning a Kombi with a double bed in the back!

Done deal. Il see Collin the moment I get back in town.

Thanks Guys, Was starting to think it must have been some kind of top secret cult, but must just be an old email address as you suggested.

Cheers.
;)

Back