Hazy Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butters73

Reaction score
Hows it goin guys,got another question for you. I tried a couple of tallies from two brews that I bottled two and a half weeks a go, they didn't taste too bad but were very hazy , I used be1 in one and be2 in the other,it was all mixed with boiling water in the fermenter with the kit.Should they clear up with more age or should I do a stovetop boil to produce clear beer especially as my latest beers have been using only malts in addition to the kit? Cheers KINGO.

Hows it goin guys,got another question for you. I tried a couple of tallies from two brews that I bottled two and a half weeks a go, they didn't taste too bad but were very hazy , I used be1 in one and be2 in the other,it was all mixed with boiling water in the fermenter with the kit.Should they clear up with more age or should I do a stovetop boil to produce clear beer especially as my latest beers have been using only malts in addition to the kit? Cheers KINGO.

Hi.

If they were only bottled a couple of weeks ago, the haziness is likely to be yeast still in suspension.

When you prime the bottles, you give the yeasties a bit more to munch on, and they piss and fart away happily reproducing in the process. - so you end up with (a little) bit more yeast in your bottles than when you capped.

I wouldn't worry about it personally.

Give it more time, and the yeast will drop out .

:beer:

If you are happy with the carbonation level of the beer as it is, then time in the fridge will assist the beer in clearing. It also tends to congeal the yeast a bit at the bottom of the bottle, making it a little less likely to be clouded back into the beer when you pour it.

Festa

Back