Has Brewing Turned You Into A Clean Freak

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milpod

Reaction score
I seem to have 15 different species of cleaner now.I do rotate,but they seem to be adding up again.

Anyone else having a similar dilemma?

I found myself hitting the kitchen bench with a hydrogen peroxide solution the other day.

I was making a pie.

For dinner.

:huh: :rolleyes:

Expect nothing less Disco.

Yep, and unfortunately the Sodium Percarbonate has started to bleach the pale Caesarstone kitchen bench-top. :angry:
Better switch to caustic soda instead :p

Yep ! My 8 month old assistant brewer gets his toys wiped down with hydrogen peroxide based sanitiser every now and then :D .

I've got about 6 different cleaning products in the brew shed (more than there are in the laundry cleaning cupboard).

But as for being cleaner. No way. Still as grotty as ever

when it comes to brewing, my kit is hospital clean. but as for the other cleaning round the house, my wife still does most of it cause she doesnt like the way I do it. only exception is the shower.. I use pure bleech & peroxide and nuke the sucker :D .

I think you can be too clean around the house, but not when it comes to food and beer preperation.

Hate to admit it, but I think I've always been verging on OCD when it comes to cleanliness. And I even have 2 kids!

Perhaps that's why I love this hobby <_<

Cheers,
Michael. :)

Thanks Red,you have restored my faith.

My sanitizers seem to live in the kitchen.what i have in the laundry doesnt even compare.

I have one sanitiser for brewing...and its whatever I can get cheapest. Eg: Brigalow Sodium Metabisulphite at $2.75 for 275g. I use it on my fermenting gear, but not bottles - only hot water for them.

Sanitisers for me are shampoo, shaving cream, toothpaste, and Witch Hazel aftershave. Great stuff that last one, try at a chemist or pharmacy.

Sanitisers for my clothes and dishes are whatever I can find around the place [I live in a uni dorm].

Despite the above, havent had an infection yet! Although I am on brew number 13 right now...[cue 'Jaws' shark attack music] :blink:

But yeah, I'm fairly clean. Cheers all! :beer:

Not particularly. I make sure all my brewing stuff is santised before use. The kitchen is normally kept pretty clean anyway. Just not sanitised.

Back