Has anyone tried these yet?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Connecting to a fridge or other device in need of temperature controllation.

Why rubbish Yob?

OP - I had one and it died in less than a year. it'll be fine for a temporary measure if you couldn't be arsed wiring up an STC at the moment, but I reckon you'll end up getting one anyway.

I've been running one for for about 8 months now. It is not fantastic, but not terrible. But everyone is happy with STC, so if you don't mind the wiring go for it.

I have one very similar. Paid about 30 bucks on eBay. Been using for a over a year. Very reliable and steady. It reads 1 degree over the actual temp, but as long as you know that, it's no probs

I already have a 16a KegKinger and it's great, but I am looking to get a few more.

Got 3 they all died after 1 year
Temp reading out by 5-6 degrees

Been using one for over 12 months. Cheap and easy just plug in and go. Cycles the fridge a little quicker than I would like but putting the sensor in a large glass of water seems to solve this problem.

I use a similar one of these for my Blue Tongue Lizard tank and it works fine but temp setting is no where near as accurate as a STC1000. Obviously doesn't matter too much with the lizard, hooked up to a bulb and its only like 4-5 degrees out, but with a beer that varying temp can be a big thing.

I've been using one for about a year and a half without any problems. Reads about 2 degrees higher than it should though.

Latest posts

Back