Has anyone else had trouble with SPER?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the 2nd most common complaint I hear working for QLD Transport. "SPER never sent me mail saying I was suspended."

They did, they have it on file they did, you just never got it.
You're looking at a 1 month DISQ, then you'll be on a probationary licence for 12 months. (0.00BAC, 4 demerit points, and can't instruct a Learner.)
You'll need to renew your licence after the DISQ ends, please don't start driving around until you've paid for your licence again.

They may confiscate your licence at court, or you might get a letter from DTMR advising you to hand your licence in, (if you have a new microchip Smartcard)
Getting caught with a cancelled licence is a $2k fine, and if you've got a microchip card, the DTMR prosecutions unit will start an investigation if you don't had it in.
At the end of your DISQ, come into a DTMR office and bring passport or Australian birth certificate, plus a bank card with name and signature, Medicare card, plus phone bill, bank statement, lease agreement. (Something with name and QLD address on it).

Just a quick update...... I went before the magistrate this morning with the idea of pleading not guilty, but a solicitor who was waiting for his turn advised me that even if i was to plead not guilty and adjourned the case i still would have a disqualified licence for a month and that the minimum penalty is 1 month disq. and $200 fine.

So i plead guilty and have the chance to appeal but i don't think i will bother. I took a 1month disq. period and a $200 fine.

Thank for all the usefull input you guys gave me (you know who you are).

Back