Hallertau Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torpedo Punt

Reaction score
Got some spare ones kicking around wondering if they could be used in this recipe Im about to put on?

1 x tin Muntons Bitter (C.R)
1kg x Light Malt
1/2 x tin LME
50 gm Goldings
50 gm Williamette

Have a muslin bag with some Carapils, Caramalt and Chocolate Malt which Im going to steep in about 3 litres of water.

Any thoughts?

are you boiling those hops, if so how long for?
what sort of beer are you trying to make here?

Got some spare ones kicking around wondering if they could be used in this recipe Im about to put on?

1 x tin Muntons Bitter (C.R)
1kg x Light Malt
1/2 x tin LME
50 gm Goldings
50 gm Williamette

Have a muslin bag with some Carapils, Caramalt and Chocolate Malt which Im going to steep in about 3 litres of water.

Any thoughts?

Personally I wouldn't. I think you'll have enough hops there to go with that combination. It looks like you are aiming for an English bitter/ pale ale of some sort, although I'm not familiar with that kit and that hop combination will go fine. I don't think the hallertau will add anything in this case.

My opinion anyway...

are you boiling those hops, if so how long for?
what sort of beer are you trying to make here?

Something similar to an IPA.

The hops about 15minutes on the goldings and half the williamette for a minute.

Dry hop the rest in 2ndary..

Something similar to an IPA.

The hops about 15minutes on the goldings and half the williamette for a minute.

Dry hop the rest in 2ndary..

if it's an IPA go for it, chuck in the extra, I just didn't know whether you wanted it that hoppy or not. 150g total hops is a pretty healthy amount but i don't think it's possible to overdo aroma hops in an IPA. should be tasty.

Doesnt the malts youve got listed there need mashing? i wouldnt be putting the hallertau in there either.
Cheers
Steve

Back