Half Batch 30 minute IPA Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. I have both versions but the BIGW one seems to work better. You can go through over a can of gas for a 60min boil so get a few refills.

dammag said:
Yep. I have both versions but the BIGW one seems to work better. You can go through over a can of gas for a 60min boil so get a few refills.
I reckon you'd save money in the long run by getting a stove that runs off a BBQ tank, my 9kg LPG tank has done 2 brews so far. That includes heating to boiling point and holding that for 60 mins.

And the tank is still almost full...

dammag said:
I can boil my 19L BigW pot on one of those camp stoves with the disposable butane cylinders. Cheap way to get a bigger boil.

Also, I just use the "normal" Bunnings fermenter for my small batches. I found the 15L water cube (if it is the same one you are using) to be a bit of a pain come bottling to get all the beer out with those two big "dips" in the bottom.
Nope. Not a pain. I use one all the time for small batches and leave 200 - 500 ml behind

Just an update on my progress on this. I ended up dry hopping 15g of Cascade for 4 days and 15g each of cascade and citra for 7 days. I just bottled tonight and it smelt pretty good, though just from the sample I think i'd drop the crystal a little next time, but probably a bit early to tell. I'll post my verdict in a few weeks when I sample the first bottle.

Quick update on this one - cracked it during my first biab brew day. It is a bloody good drop, very pleased with it. Doesn't really have the bitterness for an IPA, more a stongly flavoured pale. Crystal mellowed out well and hops really shine through. It is lacking a litle body though. Turned out to be a great summer beer

Latest posts

Back