Hairy Panic grips Wangaratta

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Wow you learn something new every day. Wangaratta currently inundated with wild tumbleweed-like vegetation called Hairy Panic that is burying houses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CBt2cIaM8E

Be a ******* of a job cleaning that up.

No way I could cruise around inside that shit with a leaf blower, my eyes would be bleeding from the resultant Hayfever,

Be a ******* of a job cleaning that up.
yep it'd be a shit job having to clean that up every day and you wouldn't want some ******* flicking a match in it, whooshkaaaaaa!

Similar event witnessed regularly on the eastern Darling Downs at the end of winter IIRC, when the cool dry westerlies blow all the mature panicum seed heads up towards Toowoomba and surrounds where it accumulates in great drifts against buildings and fences. Probably not quite as severe as that seen recently in Wangaratta though.

I hate that ******* stuff. I'm only 40 clicks up the road and last year our backyard got covered in it thanks to a paddock adjacent to our block. You'll spend ages getting great lots of it sorted, can finally see the ground again, then 'whoosh' goes the wind and the backyard's covered again.
My strategy was to attack it arms wide and compress as much as I could, trying to form a little ball. Then gather more and more until the ball becomes too big to manage. Then carefully place it on the fire pit and jump back. The first time the kids saw it they went "whoa!" then as it really started to catch and the flames reach 5m into the air they soon start running and screaming. Which is cool.

Bribie G said:
Wow you learn something new every day. Wangaratta currently inundated with wild tumbleweed-like vegetation called Hairy Panic that is burying houses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CBt2cIaM8E
Surely it would be more efficient to suck than blow.

Can you collect it with a hairy lasso?

Hairy Panic:
Gen Y guy has intimate encounter with a real woman for the first time.

Hairy Panic:
The bit between the butt and the bal..

Never mind.

Have seen it out on the Hay plain blowing across the road over 1m think

Migrate to Australia.
After five years you know everything about it.
After forty years you realise you never will.

pisser comments. Cant get past that headlines. :lol: It wasn't what I was expecting.

That is really disturbing looking stuff!

Back