Group buy at Plasdene (Preston, VIC) - bottles, fermenters, cubes etc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got a very official looking email back from Plasdene, "respectfully declining" my request for special AHB member pricing. Bummer.

However, we are still able to get a few of us together to put our goodies through as a single transaction to meet the minimum ($120) purchase on-site.

I figure there's a couple of ways we can do this. We can meet at Plasdene at a pre-set time (warehouse is open 8-4 Mon-Fri for pickups), or you can PM me your order, I'll pick it up when I go down there, then you can come get it from my place when you're ready (and if a few guys are coming to Plasdene with me, we can work out who's closer to who, and they can take your stuff to their place).

I'd like to head down there by mid-next week, as I've got a hopfweizenbock fermenting at the moment that I'd like to put in 500ml bottles the weekend after next. Say 10am Wednesday, Nov 27?

If you're meeting me there and are happy to take someone else's order home with you, reply here with your suburb. If you can't come, and want me to get stuff for you, PM what you want, please include Plasdene's product codes to avoid any confusion.

Spiesy said:
They look great and I'm keen too, but I doubt you'll fit a 25kg sack in there.

They do appear to have 60l fermenters in that price list though.

I have 40 litre chlorine buckets and they fit a sack ok, so i figure there'll just be a little left over that can be rolled up in the bag until it's used and put in an extra fermenter. They are stackable and will make a very good tidy up of my assortment of 40l buckets, 20 litre buckets, 60 litre olive drums etc.
The 60 litre fermenters are too big.

I'll be ordering ten of them. It's just a pity that the black drums are more than twice the price as i would have preffered an easier way to keep the light out. I guess some paper on the inside of the drum will do though.

I do 84 litre batches so part bags won't sit around for long.

I'll be ordering ten of them. It's just a pity that the black drums are more than twice the price as i would have preffered an easier way to keep the light out. I guess some paper on the inside of the drum will do though.

Paint/spray the outside of the drums?

I'm down for Wednesday pick up. I can pick up others ordered I live in Pascoe Vale.
Keen on some 330 champagne bottles for my Christmas Golden Strong Ale!
And some more 640mls for regular beers.

MCHammo said:
Paint/spray the outside of the drums?

Yes, i'll do something along those lines. Paper sounds a little easier. I ordered with black lids so that is a help.

Yes mate, They were a little pissed off when i asked them if they could approach your price on the ferementers. Said they pay that much for them. Originally quoted me $17 something, dropped that down to $15 something. Ordered 10 feremnters and 8 more cubes, was hoping to pick them up on the way home from horsepiddle but will have to wait for them to come in now.

Got a great deal today at Warrigal Rd Self Storage if your interested for grain storage...for grain storage..

20L Buckets - Heavy Duty (Much Better than the Bunnings pails 20L)
I have opened up a cash account for a better proce..

$7 1-20
$6.50 20-29
$6.25 30+

They are screw lids with a locking mechanisim, foodgrade plastic and with a rubber seal on lid so airtight... They are the ducks nuts... :super:

Grainer

bucket.JPG

bucke 2.JPG

bucke 1.JPG

I am keen for some bottles if the bulk option is still on the table
Maybe 50 of each

I'm in for some 500ml bottles, I'll also be keen on some 330ml's while I'm at it.

I am right around the corner in Heidelberg Heights, and can work from home on Wed if you guys are meeting up there. Do we need to order in advance or just rock up and tell them what you want?

I reckon we just rock up, have a look around (the showroom is pretty well stocked), then order what we need.

So far it's me, Tex083 and you meeting up there merlin. New_guy are you coming with us on Wed, or do you want someone to pick stuff up for you? If the latter, which bottles do you want 50 each of, 500ml & 640ml?

JoshRunciman, Spiesy and Strobe also showed some interest early in this thread, but I haven't heard if they're coming on Wed or not. Will PM them tomorrow to see where they're at.

Grainer said:
Got a great deal today at Warrigal Rd Self Storage if your interested for grain storage...for grain storage..

20L Buckets - Heavy Duty (Much Better than the Bunnings pails 20L)
I have opened up a cash account for a better proce..

$7 1-20
$6.50 20-29
$6.25 30+

They are screw lids with a locking mechanisim, foodgrade plastic and with a rubber seal on lid so airtight... They are the ducks nuts... :super:

Grainer
How much grain can you fit in them?

10am this Wednesday. I thought they were open Sat mornings, but must have been dreaming.

See post #22 above for details. I did kinda hide the day in that post, sorry.

Do any of you live out my way? I would be keen to get some bottles, however I can't make it on Wednesday.

Could get them to you in a round-about sort of way, I catch up regularly with another member of this site who lives in Notting Hill, would that work for you idzy?

carniebrew said:
Could get them to you in a round-about sort of way, I catch up regularly with another member of this site who lives in Notting Hill, would that work for you idzy?
That would be amazing carniebrew! Will send you a PM to sort out details :)

Latest posts

Back