Gripes about AHB

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camo6 said:
Haha! I see what you did there Goose!

PS. I'll have to bill you for this banter. Time is money.
Yes, it certainly was better than some of the crap you've been recently spruiking as comic relief :)

Select google from the drop down menu and you'll notice it improve. Uses google engine to search within the site for your keyword/s.

Is this in the app or on the website? I'm primarily using the app because I spend far more time on my phone. I don't see any drop down menu on the app, but I could just be a 'tard and missing it.

StalkingWilbur said:
Is this in the app or on the website? I'm primarily using the app because I spend far more time on my phone. I don't see any drop down menu on the app, but I could just be a 'tard and missing it.
And this is where shit starts, you fire up a debate about a search engine not working well before you inform anyone your trying to play computers on a toy.

Id say 'get real FFS' but they may get me modded.

Yum Beer, does your 'not a toy' computer have spell and grammer checker on it? You should use this feature.

Phones do.

Looking at the search function on the iPhone app and am thinking that if there were options like "match exact string", "search subject only" and "search last month, 3 months, year etc" that it would go a long way to helping noobs find more of what they need without asking basic questions over and over again.

yum beer said:
And this is where shit starts, you fire up a debate about a search engine not working well before you inform anyone your trying to play computers on a toy.

Id say 'get real FFS' but they may get me modded.
Maybe read the post again, pretty clear to me they're on an iPhone. Of course you could just jump down his throat instead!

Let's nip the animosity in the bud by taking a couple of breaths, finishing our coffee and taking a walk near the local river, pond, beach, pool or puddle.
Happy new year.

Cube said:
Yum Beer, does your 'not a toy' computer have spell and grammer checker on it? You should use this feature.

Phones do.
Yes it does but I can't seem to get it to work. Its ok though because I'm not going to gripe about that.

nu_brew said:
Maybe read the post again, pretty clear to me they're on an iPhone. Of course you could just jump down his throat instead!
Reading back to the original post, yes he did say he was using an app. sorry about that...really just wanted to jump down someone's throat.

Going now for a walk by the river.

Cube said:

Phones do.
Glass houses? In this spot goes an emoticon to indicate a comment of a jocular nature.

The last 9 pages have probably proven Glot's original point. Although, that is the nature of conversation.

I must say a lot of the GRIPES I regularly have with pages not loading or even being able to access the site haven't happened since I installed the Opera Browser a few days ago. Firefox & Google have become a real PITA lately with all the bloat they seem to have built up. I'm just hoping the problems don't return after the holidays end & the forum traffic fires up again. Fingers crossed.

As Australian drinking culture in the pubs has changed so drastically (in the major cities at least) over the last decade

In what way ? Heading English pub style where its a piss taking competition ?

There have been a number of comments about the search function, which if used correctly isnt at all bad..

Search.JPG

it would be good if the Google option was default, I remember a bunch of us asking for it(repeatedly) on the old site and it was implemented, not sure why it hasnt been yet on this one, there certainly has been enough noise about it and would go a long way towards helping Noobs searching stuff out.

There is also the little gear wheel beside the search line which brings up the advanced search, which to be honest, Ive never needed to use, the Google search pretty much gets it for me.

Advanced Search.JPG

See that's gold. I didn't realise that was there. "Teach them to teach them selves,and they shall learn"

Screenshot_2013-12-31-15-20-51.png

Guys...

Give it a break.

We should not be gripping about AHB

When the site first kicked off, it was from a forum that was killed from dickheads that killed a great forum.

I have seen the results from both forums.

You want to gripe...

Sorry...but I suggest you find somewhere else to gripe

I got no gripes. You punters got me going on the AG carpet ride. Lotta bull shit amongst some sound advice!

Thanks, cheers and Happy New Year.

Rgds

Linford

so why are my PM privileges and my status update ability an on again, off again thing? i'd PM a mod, but don't have access to PM's....how am I meant to obey the rules if the tool required for obeying the rules is removed from me? **********************************************?

edit: as it appears to have been fixed, I've voluntarily???volontarily???? bugger, can't spell.....taken it upon myself to self-edit and tone down slightly my gripe. Fair is fair, after all. Yes?

Latest posts

Back