Greetings from Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dash

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just getting back into brewing, I did some a few years ago, and joined this forum, but this is my first post (only took about six years!).

Just bottled a ginger beer tonight, just a kit, but tasted OK. Hoping to get into all grain brewing as soon as I can afford some gear to do it.

Cheers
Darren

Welcome, Darren.

There's most definitely enough information here to get you going once you find some gear to go AG.

Without this forum I never would have taken the plunge.

Welcome back to the world of brewing! :)

Hay mate, have you had a look at Goomba stovetop 2 pot method? Can get you underway for a pretty minimal setup cost.

Good luck and welcome to the board

Thanks for the tip Yob. Just checked out the thread, might hit Bunnings up in the next couple of days to grab some buckets.

Cheers
Darren

Yob said:
Hay mate, have you had a look at Goomba stovetop 2 pot method? Can get you underway for a pretty minimal setup cost.

Good luck and welcome to the board
Pretty much looking at $50 plus requisitioning items you already (likely) own (esky, large cooking spoons, thermometer, etc).

It comfortably puts out 25L, I've pushed 38L of 1.040 (or so, off memory) out of it, and will attemp in the future to push 40L of 1.05x wort out of it as an experiment (with results good or bad posted to the thread).

My first several were the tight arse way.
They were - for me - stunningly goos beers.
I bought a BigW pot and two buckets from Bunnings.

Back