Grain In The Macarthur Area And Beyond

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommygun

Reaction score
hey male members

sounds funny. anyway I too am in the macarthur area and was wondering where do you brewers get your grain from?

You have to travel round sydney to even find a shop which stocks grain.

It also seems everywhere round sydney are quite a bit more expensive then all other states.

I asked the guy in campbelltown HBS and he said he can get it cheaper from esb but then Im not sure if he'll give me the fresh grains as I want it cracked.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Tom

hey male members

sounds funny. anyway I too am in the macarthur area and was wondering where do you brewers get your grain from?

You have to travel round sydney to even find a shop which stocks grain.

It also seems everywhere round sydney are quite a bit more expensive then all other states.

I asked the guy in campbelltown HBS and he said he can get it cheaper from esb but then Im not sure if he'll give me the fresh grains as I want it cracked.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Tom

I get mine from ESB and Ross (freighted from QLD - funnily enough works out cheaper sometimes!).

I get mine from ESB. I am always out and about for work so I just call in and pick it up.

If you want you can sign up for the MALE yahoo page (the link is in my sig). We get together every month for beer and pizza.

We are possibly going to organize a grain buy soon that you may be interested in.

Kabooby :)

ESB for most things like ingredients.
Thoug I crack my own.
There is a also brew shop shop in Casula which sells cracked grains in fairly large bags.
I am not sure how fresh those grains are though.

Manfred in C'town LHB store will get stuff in if you ask him nicely.
Generally the price doesn't get bumped up too much.

You need any hops mate? I've got a freezer full and need to get rid of some.
I get all my grain from ESB, the MALES have a bulk buy from time to time which normally works out cheap.

Also, I have a Barley Crusher here if you need to crack some grain. Going rate is a longneck of your best per grain cracking visit :D

Back