Grain Bulk Buy Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetsamHsam

Reaction score
Anyone intersted in a grain bulk buy?? I am looking at getting about three sacks, we need to buy at least 20 sacks to get a bulk discount. Prices range from $44 for australian base malts up to $70 for imported base malt. Spec malts are alittle extra.

These prices are from craftbrewer website. Does anyone know if ESB do a bulk buy price? If so it might be cheaper to get it from there with freight factored in..

id be interested in a sack of traditional ale malt and maybe one of munich.
stu organized the last one and i think we might of got some of it from dave.

Could be persuaded on a sack of JW Pale and perhaps a sack of Marris Otter, depending on prices.
And yeah, Dave (DavesHomeBrew) should be a bit cheaper re shipping for us Sydney-siders

One bag of Weyermannns Pilsner malt
One bag of Marris Otter Ale malt

Subject to price

Pumpy :)

also depending on price:

1 x Maris Otter
1 x Pils (probably Weyermann)
1 x JW Pale Ale

Depending on price, count me in for - 1x Ale and 1x Munich

Cheers
DK

I will be in for

2 bags Marris Otter (can we get TF please?)

Anyone willing to split a bag of Munich I?

Cheers
Andrew.

Subject to price and pick-up location.

1 x Pils
1 x Ale

Thanks

I will be in for

2 bags Marris Otter (can we get TF please?)

Anyone willing to split a bag of Munich I?

Cheers
Andrew.

FYI - Thomas Fawcett floor malted Maris Otter seems to be readily available these days. Certainly Dave (Dave's Homebrew) was able to source it for me a couple of months ago.

FYI - Thomas Fawcett floor malted Maris Otter seems to be readily available these days. Certainly Dave (Dave's Homebrew) was able to source it for me a couple of months ago.

I'd be in for a 1/2 or whole bag of that, depending on price of course.
Maybe some others too, will have to check the silos :lol:

I'm in - at least 1 bag, prob two of Ale malt. Maybe 1/2 sack of wheat?

Cheers - Mike

I'd be in for a 1/2 or whole bag of that, depending on price of course.
Maybe some others too, will have to check the silos :lol:

I'll be happy to take the other half of the bag. Now I just need to find someone close who is happy to mill it for me...... any takers?

Ok. So far I have the count at about 25 sacks. I have emailed Dave for a quote, I'm guessing I won't hear back from him until tomorrow.

I'll keep you all posted.

I'd also be interested in one maybe two sacks.

Is it possible to do the spec malts and then split into smaller if people dont want whole bags?
I guess it could be a PITA tho...

I'm interested in a sack of BB Ale and maybe Wey Bo Pils or wheat if possible.

ED: I'd be happy with splitting with someone too.

Bummer, I just re-stocked at Daves last week. His prices are by far the best going around, even without a bulk buy.
James

Bummer, I just re-stocked at Daves last week. His prices are by far the best going around, even without a bulk buy.
James

Really? Craftbrewer looks cheaper - maybe its because I generally only buy single-batch ammounts.

Just going of the retail price. seems ESB is cheaper - for MO at least, only one I checked.
But in saying that it's the bulk buy price we're after.

I'll be happy to take the other half of the bag. Now I just need to find someone close who is happy to mill it for me...... any takers?

Hi JA,

Maybe if you let us know where we need to be close by, someone may take you up. If you are near hornsby, I have a mill but you will have to do it yourself. Its only hand crank.

cheers
Andrew.

Latest posts

Back